Cabin 4176 on Eurodam

trident one

Has anyone sailed in cabin 4176 on Eurodam?

I am concerned that it may be small or that the balcony may not be as large as it looks. Is the stewart service here as good as it would be on the Rotterdam deck. We love our balconys as we always have breakfast there or in our room, sometime dinner and spend a good deal of time on the balcony when not on a tour. We were also considering a Signature Suite, but the cabin and balcony looked a little tight, hard to tell by the video. It would be nice if cabins & balconys were listed by their actual width and length instead of square footage. We had a Neptune Suite on the Ryndam and were very pleased. DH and myself are a little concerned that this cabin is quite far from the Neptune Lounge, which we really utilized on the Ryndam. We are booked on the 19-Day Baltic & Norwegian Fjords cruise in August 2014, and thought the wrap around balcony would be great for the fjord viewing and leaving some of the ports. Comments would be welcome from any cruiser who has stayed in 4176.

We don't need the penthouse, but after seeing pictures of the penthouse I could certainly adjust to that style of crusing in a New York Minute. Have you sailed in 4176? I think it might have been the camera angle in some of the pictures I saw that made the room look very tight from side to side. The room certainly looked smaller in the pictures then the one we had on the Ryndam 10 years ago. I was trying to figure out if we should upgrade to SA Neptune Suite mid-ship with smaller balcony or stay with the great aft balcony. It will be cool on our Baltic & Norwegian Fjords Cruise. After seeing pictures of the Fjord in Norway, I wouldn't care if stateroom was a closet; it will be all about the balcony. We will just ask for extra blankets and enjoy the views with many pots of coffee!!

We don't need the penthouse, but after seeing pictures of the penthouse I could certainly adjust to that style of crusing in a New York Minute. Have you sailed in 4176? I think it might have been the camera angle in some of the pictures I saw that made the room look very tight from side to side. The room certainly looked smaller in the pictures then the one we had on the Ryndam 10 years ago. I was trying to figure out if we should upgrade to SA Neptune Suite mid-ship with smaller balcony or stay with the great aft balcony. It will be cool on our Baltic & Norwegian Fjords Cruise. After seeing pictures of the Fjord in Norway, I wouldn't care if stateroom was a closet; it will be all about the balcony. We will just ask for extra blankets and enjoy the views with many pots of coffee!!

The good thing about an aft balcony is that the wind goes over your head when you are sailing. My friend did an aft balcony and loved it because of that. She said that friends of hers had a balcony on the side of the ship and couldn't even go out on it when the ship was sailing but hers was fine and it was big.

The good thing about an aft balcony is that the wind goes over your head when you are sailing. My friend did an aft balcony and loved it because of that. She said that friends of hers had a balcony on the side of the ship and couldn't even go out on it when the ship was sailing but hers was fine and it was big.

Traveling Dot, Thanks for the information. I was also a little worried about the wind factor on an aft balcony. We have always had side balconys and never had a problem with the wind, maybe we were just lucky. I see you were in the Baltic in August 12. How was the weather, we will be there from the 8th to 27th of August 14?

Archived