Price drop - Take the OBC or the upgrade?

Sammae

We've had huge price drops on our Nov. 16th sailing on the Epic. We've sailed on her before and know lots about the different balcony rooms from research and staying in one previously. I'd contacted our PCC about OBC/upgrade.

So, I've heard back from my PCC. Here's the gist:

- They would use our currently assigned cabin category to determine OBC - which means although we paid for a BD, we're assigned a B6 due to an upgrade promotion that was going on and that would be used for OBC.

- He could try to get us OBC, but it would only be $35 total. OR:

- We are eligible for an MX cabin, but since it's so close to sailing, he'd just get us an MC cabin since MX are all being assigned pretty much right away now.

- We'd keep our current $50 OBC if we upgrade, plus would not lose our latitudes points (we're getting 21 currently for this cruise)

What would everyone here do? B6 with extra $35 OBC, or MC Mini-suite? We've never had a mini-suite and would never book one on our own, and the MC has the bed by the balcony (which we prefer) and a tub (which would be nice for the larger shower area and shaving my legs!!)

Looking for opinions!

We've had huge price drops on our Nov. 16th sailing on the Epic. We've sailed on her before and know lots about the different balcony rooms from research and staying in one previously. I'd contacted our PCC about OBC/upgrade.

- They would use our currently assigned cabin category to determine OBC - which means although we paid for a BD, we're assigned a B6 due to an upgrade promotion that was going on and that would be used for OBC.

- We are eligible for an MX cabin, but since it's so close to sailing, he'd just get us an MC cabin since MX are all being assigned pretty much right away now.

- We'd keep our current $50 OBC if we upgrade, plus would not lose our latitudes points (we're getting 21 currently for this cruise)

What would everyone here do? B6 with extra $35 OBC, or MC Mini-suite? We've never had a mini-suite and would never book one on our own, and the MC has the bed by the balcony (which we prefer) and a tub (which would be nice for the larger shower area and shaving my legs!!)

Looking for opinions!

Take the upgrade

Looking for opinions!

I'd upgrade but only if you can stay on decks 9 or 10. I'd avoid deck 8 because of the potential noise from the lounges on 7. Deck 13 has the kid's areas, so that might be a little noisy. And deck 14 is right under the pool area, so that has the potential to be noisy as well.

Take the upgrade. We were on the Epic in Feb. this year and while the Balcony was fine, it was smaller than the Minisuite we'd had the previous year on the Star. We enjoyed the extra space in the minisuite and it sounds like you'd get it without any extra output.

Go for the minisuite and enjoy your cruise! :)

Archived