Oasis of the Seas Photo Review ~ October 12, 2013

Cupcrazy

Hint: East of the Trellis Bar

I love this clue....East...lol...that ought to help...maybe!!!

Now is that East on the sixth night on the trip home, or starboard no matter what way you are sailing? Was yours an Eastern or Western sailing, as then east and west gets more confusing? Or was it three empty beers laid end to end, due east to the Trellis Bar? It might just be easier to search after three or 4 beers in any direction.:p

Might have better luck if Rob Ford joins me, but there is no way I am crossing the border into the states with him. He should have some free time very soon though.;)

Now is that East on the sixth night on the trip home, or starboard no matter what way you are sailing? Was yours an Eastern or Western sailing, as then east and west gets more confusing? Or was it three empty beers laid end to end, due east to the Trellis Bar? It might just be easier to search after three or 4 beers in any direction.:p

Might have better luck if Rob Ford joins me, but there is no way I am crossing the border into the states with him. He should have some free time very soon though.;)

This has become really funny!! A&L_Ont good luck, it will be fn trying to find it and once you do you have to keep it secret. Skillet showed us maybe night 2, we finally showed Cup on night 6, it was driving him crazy!! :)

I know who knows where it is. Alice. If you guys don't know Alice, ask your globe and atlas entertainer James Brown, who's Alice.

I don't know about that... when I lurked around your roll call to see if there were any hints to the gnome I saw the link to the Youtube video about Alice. So I watched and listened to the messed up song about Alice. Didn't she get picked up at the pier in a limo? I have a strange feeling that James Brown will laugh in my face as he remember the crazy8s.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I don't know about that... when I lurked around your roll call to see if there were any hints to the gnome I saw the link to the Youtube video about Alice. So I watched and listened to the messed up song about Alice. Didn't she get picked up at the pier in a limo? I have a strange feeling that James Brown will laugh in my face as he remember the crazy8s.

Poor Alice....it may be messed up but it sure gets the crowd going!!! Ask James to play it, you'll see what we're talking about it!

Edited by Peacemkr59

This has become really funny!! A&L_Ont good luck, it will be fn trying to find it and once you do you have to keep it secret. Skillet showed us maybe night 2, we finally showed Cup on night 6, it was driving him crazy!! :)

After the pics of what was found in Beth's cleavage, it wouldn't have surprised me to see them hiding somewhere in there.:D Sorry Beth, couldn't help myself.

You guys are having just as much fun with me as you did with the Cup.

RoLoHa, Early to mid December is actually one of the least expensive times of the year to cruise for obvious reasons with the upcoming holidays making it more difficult for many to afford to cruise. Oasis and Allure are truly magnificent ships and nothing can really compare which is definitely why they are pricing higher than other cruise lines and also even higher than other RCCL ships. What date are you cruising? I just checked pricing on the Oasis for 12/14/2013 and there are less expensive oceanview cabins than the boardwalk balconies are currently. Might want to check that out if this is your sailing and you would prefer an oceanview balcony!

Thanks Peacemaker59....we usually try to travel after Thanksgiving to take advantage of the pre-winter prices for sailings leaving from ports near our home. This cruise we are traveling with friends and I was just surprised not to find any of the usual deals we are accustomed to.

Lol I'm rooting for you A&L ONT !! Will you be doing a review or live from ?

I don't do live forms, but I occasionally do reviews after the fact. Here are two of them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1474659&highlight=11240

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1873787&highlight=rls

I'm open to bribes. Or was that beers. Either way it's still east.

I might need to tempt you in the New Year if I don't find it this upcoming sailing.

Hi Jan, The drive from our hotel to the BB&T Center is about 25 minutes. Because the Hyatt is right beside I-95, it saves a bit of time. Parking used to be free but they are now charging $20 and we had to park so far away. After we thought we should have parked at Sawgrass for free and just walked across the street. We got our tickets before hand. Most games I'm sure will be fine to get tix there as they rarely sell out. There is a game vs Toronto in April which will most likely sell out from Leafs fans.

Thanks for the info, we are planning to see the Flames, wish it was Montreal but it's not.

Tickets have to be less than a Canuck's game.

Oh well I think I will wait a while to buy tickets. I will park at Sawgrass and have some beers instead. Going to rent a car to get around town.

Jan

Thanks for the info, we are planning to see the Flames, wish it was Montreal but it's not.

Tickets have to be less than a Canuck's game.

Oh well I think I will wait a while to buy tickets. I will park at Sawgrass and have some beers instead. Going to rent a car to get around town.

Jan

I'm sure you can get tickets from a scalper cheaper than the box office. They practically give them away.

Ok, lets try to finish off the review

For our last dinner we went to the Solarium Bistro. During the day, the bistro is a buffet that serves healthier foods. That continues over to dinner when it turns into a specialty restaurant. If you're not a healthy eater you will still find items on this menu you will enjoy. I don't have a picture of it but the Barley Mushroom Risotto as an app was terrific.

Solarium Bistro Menu

IMG_1592.jpg

Peppercorn Seared Bison Tenderloin - Delicious!

IMG_1583.jpg

Roasted Lamb Medallions

IMG_1585.jpg

Desserts

IMG_1587.jpg

Eduardo

IMG_1590.jpg

At 10:15 in Studio B was "Throw Me A Line". The show is like "Who's Line is it Anyway?" It starred 3 members from the cast of Hairspray and the host of the Comedy Club.

If you were on this cruise and were at this show, do you remember waffle ankles?

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

Front row seats!

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

It was then off to the Globe & Atlas for one last night with all the new friends. James the singer/guitarist in the pub played ALICE for us 2 times. We got everyone up and people walking in the Promenade stopped to watch/listen to us.

If you're on Oasis in the next couple weeks ask James to play Alice. Don't forget to tip him, he likes that, haha

10413946296_1af1e5c999_c.jpg

10413951175_3b79fcc8cc_c.jpg

10413953275_6520b03d82_c.jpg

10414093513_8aa6dcdf3f_c.jpg

10414093733_ba95ab15fd_c.jpg

10413925024_e54208b253_c.jpg

Edited by Cupcrazy