My feelings on Half Moon Cay

sblahars

Hey, Candy ... if you're not planning on doing anything else in October 2006 why don't you come join us on the HAL CC Group Cruise to Hawaii. ;) If you're already booked with the "other" HAL CC Group, note that the Hawaii cruise will be over before the Caribbean cruise begins. :) There's no law against going on both!

hiban3.jpg

HAL CC-Group Cruise to Hawaii Page

or: http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=71

Our Group Cruise Forum is located:

HERE

So far as I can see from the Cruise Planner, isn't Zuiderdam's April 15 sailing her last spring cruise in the Caribbean ?

Ryndam, Veendam, Westerdan, Zaandam and Zuiderdam will all begin their repositioning to Alaska cruises by April 22 at the latest. (Zuiderdam/ Veendam are last to go.....isn't that right after Veendam's drydock and SOE upgrades?)

Maybe it's because of Boston's cold winters, but we call late April, May and all the way to mid June Spring. :)

In the Fall: Amsterdam will do a 13 day Sunfarer/Panama Canal cruise beginning October 17. Maasdam does an ll day So. Caribbean boarding October 17. Ryndam's first Caribbean cuise will be October 13; Veendam October 26; Volendam October 14, Westerdam October 15 and Zuiderdam October 21.

A good part of the year with no HAL Caribbean cruises.

Mid-April to Mid-October.....a full six months. :( That makes me an unhappy camper. I don't think we want to do Canada/New England a third year in a row. It's great but enough is enough.

HAL will have 8 ships in Alaska in the summer of 2006:

Oosterdam

Ryndam

Statendam

Veendam

Volendam

Westerdam

Zaandam

Zuiderdam

The follow ships will NOT be in Alaska:

Amsterdam - Europe & Canada/New England

Maasdam - Canada/New England & Europe

Noordam - Europe

Prinsendam - Europe & South America

Rotterdam - Europe

By comparison, HAL has 7 ships in Alaska this year, 4 ships in Europe, 1 one ship in Canada/New England, and 1 ship in the Caribbean.

I agree that HAL should keep at least 1 ship in the Caribbean for at least part of the summer. Why not run cruises out of Boston or New York to the Caribbean, alternating with New England/Canadian cruises??

I do believe that HAL sees the other itineraries as more lucrative, but I continue to feel strongly that the mess last summer is part of the reason for so many ships being moved from their Caribbean itineraries.

And much of the fault for this lies with the passengers who, in my opinion, behaved miserably with their complaints about everything from an adjusted itinerary to a rainy day at sea. So many demanded so much that it just isn't worth it to the cruiselines. I could go on and on, but I talked about this an awful lot on another thread so I'm not going to bore everyone with it again.

Ziggy, I don't know where you heard there weren't many hurricanes in the Eastern Caribbean last year. All the hurricanes that come off the African coast, which is generally in July and August hit islands in the Eastern Caribbean. It was those storms that hit us here on the East coast of Florida last year. That was how Half Moon Cay got so damaged.

sblahars, I am so happy that HMC lived up to our descriptions. I can't imagine it being a disappointment to anyone who visits there. And that's why the sign reads "I Wish I Could Stay Forever".:)

Maybe it's because of Boston's cold winters, but we call late April, May and all the way to mid June Spring.

The Vernal Equinox (or the first day of Spring) is usually around March 20/21.

The Summer solstice (or the first day of summer) begins June 21st on the Northern half of the planet.

The Autumnal Equinox (or the first day of Fall) falls on September 23, 2006.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

You are so naughty, Rev... I'd love to do both! Unfortunately, I need to work a little to pay for the other 3 next year! Can't do 4 'cause I spent the $ on:

47b5d920b3127cce92d37406cf5f00000016108Aat2TVo1Zsv

Hey, Candy ... if you're not planning on doing anything else in October 2006 why don't you come join us on the HAL CC Group Cruise to Hawaii. ;) If you're already booked with the "other" HAL CC Group, note that the Hawaii cruise will be over before the Caribbean cruise begins. :) There's no law against going on both!

Hurricanes?? Revenue?? Bottom line is no HAL ships in the Caribbean next spring, summer or fall.

Hope you are wrong about Spring..We're booked on the "Prinsendam" Amazon Explorer next April:)& would be disappointed if our last stop on May 20 at HMC was cancelled..:(

Hope you are wrong about Spring..We're booked on the "Prinsendam" Amazon Explorer next April:)& would be disappointed if our last stop on May 20 at HMC was cancelled..:(

:) You lovely Prinsendam cruise is not simply 'a Caribbean cruise' by any stretch!!! :cool: Hope you have a wonderful time.

:) You lovely Prinsendam cruise is not simply 'a Caribbean cruise' by any stretch!!! :cool: Hope you have a wonderful time.

There is still room on the cruise & HAL is offering special discounts on the Mariner's Fares.(if you book early)...Time to coinvince that DH of yours to take more vacation time & try a Longer cruise!;)

Happy cruising everyone..:)

The Vernal Equinox (or the first day of Spring) is usually around March 20/21.

The Summer solstice (or the first day of summer) begins June 21st on the Northern half of the planet.

The Autumnal Equinox (or the first day of Fall) falls on September 23, 2006.

Greg, that's the astrological seasons. If you want to talk about meteorlogical seasons in New England Sail's schedule is a whole lot closer to it. Two days ago the temperature here was in the 60's.

......And tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid to high nineties. Never know what we're going to get here in New England. I had on khakis and a sweatshirt two days ago and was chilly. Today when we went for our walk, it was Hot, Hot, Hot!!!!

Archived