port or starboard Western Caribbean

MJC

Maybe. The aftenoon sun will be the hottest and will be to the West. If you want the baking sun, pick the side of the ship that will be sailing West more days than not. (Since it is a roundtrip itinerary, both sides will get the Western alignment at some point.) With the hot afternoon sun also comes some pretty awesome sunsets. The East facing cabins will get the cooler morning sun and afternoon shade. If that is more your style, then choose the side of the ship that will face East more often than West. Just look at your itinerary map and see which is which.

As far as scenery is concerned, it won't matter at all. When you are out to sea, you are too far from land to see anything. And when in port, the views are nothing to write home about. It really is all about the sun, the shade, the sunrises and the sunsets.

Jimmy, your post is incredibly helpful. I hadn't thought to count up the sea days and decide that way, even though those days we'll probably use the balcony more. Thank you so much. This is why CC is so great.

Maybe. The aftenoon sun will be the hottest and will be to the West. If you want the baking sun, pick the side of the ship that will be sailing West more days than not. (Since it is a roundtrip itinerary, both sides will get the Western alignment at some point.) With the hot afternoon sun also comes some pretty awesome sunsets. The East facing cabins will get the cooler morning sun and afternoon shade. If that is more your style, then choose the side of the ship that will face East more often than West. Just look at your itinerary map and see which is which.

As far as scenery is concerned, it won't matter at all. When you are out to sea, you are too far from land to see anything. And when in port, the views are nothing to write home about. It really is all about the sun, the shade, the sunrises and the sunsets.

I agree and those were the things I thought about as well. Though I do have to disagree that there isn't anything to look at in port. I thought St Maartin was beautiful, esp during sun rise and sun set. Unfortunately I can't find my nice panorama pic I took at sunset with the mountains in the background and three megayachts in the bay. And in Nassau, I forget which side, but the side with the lighthouse and skinny peninsula with the turquoise blue waters was just gorgeous (1st pic). Unfortunately, we had the other side (2nd pic). LOL

P1060280.jpg.221d96eeb29d7fb28f50704cbc35e142.jpg

P1060206.jpg.18ddd6b3122f32b15380279aecc6ed4a.jpg

Though I do have to disagree that there isn't anything to look at in port. I thought St Maartin was beautiful...And in Nassau, I forget which side, but the side with the lighthouse and skinny peninsula with the turquoise blue waters was just gorgeous...

I don't think these ports are on the Western Caribbean itinerary. That is what I was referring to.

Archived