Dawn, Sun or Sea quad balcony cabin pic anyone?

silverwillow

We have booked one of these balcony quads on the Sun and then read negative comments about them on cruse critic. The threads had links to pics but these are no longer working. I am hoping someone may have a pic of one of these cabins?

Thanks

Edited by silverwillow

We used to have pictures of the Sun/Dawn Princess cabins posted on one of the online photo sites, but it has changed and I don't think they are there anymore. That may be the pictures you found.

I think my husband may have the pictures on his computer at home and I will see if we can find them and post a picture here. I won't be home for a few days, but will try when I get there.

Can tell you we were in one of these cabins on the Sun Princess back in 1999 for Panama Canal transit and then we did take one as an "upgrade" on the Dawn for a one night cruise. Only took that cabin then just to be able to take the pictures of it to show how awful, and I do mean that, these cabins are. With only beds that fold out of the wall it was truly just not a cabin for any type of comfort, at least for us.

Will try to find a picture when I can for you.

I really appreciate that, thanks. I read that people get these cabins as free upgrades, we paid to upgrade and now I am thinking we may have made a mistake. They even dropped some of our on board credit to upgrade to the higher category.

i found this about the quad cabins on the Sun/Dawn/Sea Princess but i dont have any photos

Aloha A640, A641, A730, A732, A735, A737, Baja B730, B732, B735, B737 are indicated on the deck plan with a red dot and asterisk to denote they are suitable for 3-4 persons. They contain 3 dropdown bunks and a convertible settee. Also they have been reported to be smaller than the regular balcony cabin

Hi, thanks for that but the link is not working.

I thought it might not be a site that CC would permit linking to.

Do a Google Image (not regular Google) search for "Dawn Princess quad balcony," and the first two photos on the top row are photos of this type of cabin.

Oh my goodness, if you paid to upgrade to this cabin I can tell you that you will be sorry. I so hate to tell you this, but the cabin almost ended us with cruising with Princess for the 3 of us.

I will tell you, when we opened up the cabin door I really thought they had given us a closet and it wasn't the right room. There is no storage in the cabin either, which was a pain. The couch thing they have, which serves as the 4th person bed, was covered with our suitcases since there is no bed to put them underneath. It was the biggest disappointment for a cabin we have had.

Now we did do a one day cruise on the Dawn and had a triple/quad ocean view on the plaza deck and what a difference. The cabin was definitely bigger and there was two twin beds and then two that folded out, like a normal stateroom.

Are the 3 or 4 of you in this cabin? We paid a fortune for it for the Panama Canal cruise and we had a good time, but the cabin was miserable. When I get home in a couple of days I will see if my husband has these pictures on his computer and see if we can post them for you. Really, that is why we took the cabin for a one night another time so we could get pictures. Nobody can really believe what it looks until you see the pictures.

That sounds terrible. There will be three of us in there. I wonder what my options are to change as its already after final payment has been made? :(

If you booked for three people in one cabin then this is what you must have booked?:confused:

The other normal balcony cabins don't hold more than 2 people.

Edited by Pushka

Pushka I did not realise these were the only type of quad/triple cabins when I booked I have only discovered this after paying and looking for my cabin number on cruise critic. I am usually more conscientious about the cabins I book but I was excited about moving to a balcony cabin and hurried so I wouldn't miss the opportunity/sale. When I am referred to other options I am wondering if I should change category.

Edited by silverwillow

The photo posted isn't one of mine, but it is exactly the cabin. The couch thing on the left is what we had to use for our suitcases and the rest all fold out of the wall. The one down is normally up and looks like the others when you walk into the cabin.

Now the triple/quad cabins that are oceanview are not like this. They actually do have two twin beds on each side and then the bunks that fold out of the wall. Only the balcony cabins for 3 or 4 are like this.

Not sure what you can do since it is after final payment. That sort of binds your hands I would think. Truly, it won't be a very comfortable cabin, but your cruise won't be ruined. I can speak from experience on that one!! It is just a small cabin and I think they should offer these at a discount.

Sadly this is your only balcony choice unless you go to a mini suite on these ships. So glad a picture was found for you. I will look though when I'm home and see if I can find you a picture that has all the fold out beds up. I truly thought they had made a mistake and put us in a storage room when we walked in. At least you are aware of the cabin and it won't be a total surprise.

Thanks rdsqrl I googled, is this the photo you meant?

When I saw that photo, it brought back OLD memories! When we first cruised (1974) on Sitmar's Fairsea that was the type cabin we had except that the other lower bed was also a sofa by day -- AND the cabin was an INSIDE! There were no balconies then! That was our cabin for several years on some 8-10 cruises.

How cruising has changed! YES, I greatly prefer the current balconies, but not the bigger ships (but that's the way it is).;)

Thanks rdsqrl I googled, is this the photo you meant?

[attach]291098[/attach]

Yes, that is the photo.

I remember the bunk-style beds on the original Love Boats; we've come such a long way from them now but at the time, it didn't seem like a big deal. I agree with Hulagirl that those cabins should be offered at a discount. And I'm sorry you're stuck with it, but at least you know going in and won't get such a horrible unpleasant surprise when you walk in the door. If this helps at all, the ship itself will be great. I loved the Dawn: big promenade deck, very spacious interior, uncrowded. And the no-charge Italian eatery in the atrium is great.

I can't believe I am going to be sleeping in a bunk. :mad:

Some people get landed with those cabins when they have only booked for two.

I agree, I think they look rather, well, 1960's.

But then, where were you thinking the other beds were going to be?

Well perhaps two normal beds and the pull downs from the ceiling, I thought that's what we would get.

Fair enough. The lower bunk should be a bed. Just hoping I don't land this cabin in three weeks time. Hopefully families are travelling.

Fair enough. The lower bunk should be a bed. Just hoping I don't land this cabin in three weeks time. Hopefully families are travelling.

It looks like a bunk to me, I wonder if it will be as comfortable as a normal bed?

Have you booked a guarantee cabin?

It looks like a bunk to me, I wonder if it will be as comfortable as a normal bed?

Have you booked a guarantee cabin?

I agree it looks like a bunk. But I'm sure it must be comfortable enough as it would be meant for an adult.

Yes, booked for a guarantee but these cabins weren't available to book so I'm thinking there are families or singles groups who might be going. There aren't many 3-4 balconies available. 16 days out but no allocation yet.

I agree it looks like a bunk. But I'm sure it must be comfortable enough as it would be meant for an adult.

Yes, booked for a guarantee but these cabins weren't available to book so I'm thinking there are families or singles groups who might be going. There aren't many 3-4 balconies available. 16 days out but no allocation yet.

we met this couple on one of our cruises and they booked a guarantee balcony and they got one of those cabins........they were'nt happy because it was their anniversary cruise and it upset their plans