Do you remember the name of this dessert?

Dayenu

It was at dinner on Italian food day, the menu for dessert had a plate of assorted cookies, but I forgot the name :(

I read fast, and at first it looked like "migraine" :D Similar spelling with another word in front. The waiter brought a plate of cookies that looked like sample plate.

Can you help me with the name? Please? Pretty please? Not a name of a certain cookie, but a name of a mix of them.

That's great that you actually got to have some. I see them on the menu and ask for them (OK, I admit, in addition to my regular dessert order) and they ignore me. I ask for them to share for the table. Last three cruises I've not been able to get them. Nice assortment of goodies.

Jackie

We did the Canadian/New England cruise 2 weeks ago. I believe it was 3 or 4 nights of the cruise our waiter would come around with the plate of cookies while we were eating our dessert. They were not on the menu. Wonder if it will be this way now? Dang....I didn't try the triangle one!!

That's great that you actually got to have some. I see them on the menu and ask for them (OK, I admit, in addition to my regular dessert order) and they ignore me. I ask for them to share for the table. Last three cruises I've not been able to get them. Nice assortment of goodies.

Jackie

If you have a really good waiter he/she will bring them to the table without being asked to do so. That has been our experience most of the time. They're delicious!

Well I'm French Canadian and I never heard the word before. Must be something they use only in France. "Delicacies" is a good translation. The ending "dise" can be a diminutive so it sort of leads you to a "little delight". Therefore you'd think it was a small bite sized dessert delicacy.

Or I am totally f.o.s. Happened before...:o

Archived