Walking the side of Dunns River Falls

xsteves

There is a staircase to the left of the falls as you walk up, that you could if you want enter and leave at different points.

It is the same one you walk down to get to the start of the climb up the falls.......

The stairs are safe.

There is a hand rail.

Sea Ya

• 2 months later...

Dunns River is the place! I went there couple months ago with friends and trust me the falls are a bit scary. but with good tour guides and a little bravery it'll be easy. i love the natural lush, tropical plants and trees surrounding the falls. and thanks to our tour guides Omar and Bengy from Wi Jamming Tours we enjoyed our trip. they took us for lunch and shopping at Margarita Ville after. They are Awesome! you can contact them at http://www.wijammimgtours.com

• 2 months later...

We have Dunn's River Falls/Bobsled ride booked on our RCI upcoming cruise. We are not walking the falls but plan to walk up the viewing platforms. Was wondering if one gets wet on the viewing platforms. Trying to plan what kind of clothes to wear for these two events.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am interested in going to the falls but DW is not able to climb the falls or do a lot of stairs. Does the bus let you off at the top of the falls or at the bottom. I understand there are viewing areas along the way but if she has to do any amount of stairs i don't think we would be able to do this.

We have Dunn's River Falls/Bobsled ride booked on our RCI upcoming cruise. We are not walking the falls but plan to walk up the viewing platforms. Was wondering if one gets wet on the viewing platforms. Trying to plan what kind of clothes to wear for these two events.

no reason to get wet

but you could if you want to

a couple of places along the way there are stairs from the viewing platforms down to the water ... flat areas like swimming pools . . .

drf9.jpg

I am interested in going to the falls but DW is not able to climb the falls or do a lot of stairs. Does the bus let you off at the top of the falls or at the bottom. I understand there are viewing areas along the way but if she has to do any amount of stairs i don't think we would be able to do this.

the entry part to the park is at the top of the climbing area. you can sit at the top area and watch . . . or go down as little as you want . . . there is shade and a concession area . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

no reason to get wet

but you could if you want to

a couple of places along the way there are stairs from the viewing platforms down to the water ... flat areas like swimming pools . . .

Thanks. This helps a lot.

How much is it to just walk alongside? Can I get a taxi from Occo Rio to the falls and do this myself?

same price

climbing the falls, or walking the falls is 'free'

you pay one day's admission to the 'park'

I take a taxi and pay admission at the gate. Taxi fare will be round trip. Negotiate what time you want to be picked up. Driver will assume about 90 minutes which is time for a standard one time down and up nd out. But I stay longer ... I paid for all day. There is a dispatcher for the taxi' and if yours does not show up, he knows you already paid for a return and just puts you in another.

Anyone know how much the lockers are? Do I need to bring change?

no coin change required but small bills helps

I forget the exact numbers but you rent a lock for something like $8 US and get $5 back when you return the lock

• 2 weeks later...
I don't want to climb in the waterfall. Is there a way to walk up the side of the fall? Is it any fun?

Yes, there is a set of stairs to walk up the falls. My son and I did go up the falls while my wife walked up the stairs. There were landings along the way to the top where you could stop and dip your feet into the falls. My wife thought it was easy to walk up and she took some great pictures of us.