leaving Friday and it's looking like rain

ozarkmama

Just ignore the forecast, they change so quickly you might be having snow one day, and the warmest day of the year the next! Ignore it completely until the day you get to the island, you don't want to "dampen" so to speak your spirits before you're even on board! Go and have an excellent cruise!

In the Caribbean, "rain" usually means there MIGHT be SOME rain. Unless there's a hurricane or other major tropical storm, you will more than likely see some sunshine every day. And the weather is harder to predict in that area, too. While it might say rain today, tomorrow it might not. And then it MIGHT rain anyway :p. Or not.

Enjoy your cruise - don't stress ahead of time!

In the Caribbean, "rain" usually means there MIGHT be SOME rain. Unless there's a hurricane or other major tropical storm, you will more than likely see some sunshine every day. And the weather is harder to predict in that area, too. While it might say rain today, tomorrow it might not. And then it MIGHT rain anyway :p. Or not.

Enjoy your cruise - don't stress ahead of time!

Thanks, I figured I would just pack a jacket and an umbrella:D

The weather forecast for the islands is never accurate (we are on the same cruise). We honeymooned in St. Maarten, it said rain everyday, it rained for about 5 minutes on one day. If you notice, it says every day has about a 50% chance at rain.

I asked a weather guy some time back about rain chances and the answer was that a 50% chance ment that there was a 50/50 chance that somewhere in the viewing area someone would get some rain. Rain in the Caribbean happens but more often than not the weather is great. Here is to good weather for your cruise.

bummer, the weather reports for our cruise are not looking real good. Looks like a good chance of rain all week.....Puerto Rico, Barbados, Antigua, St Maarten, St Lucia, St Thomas.......:(

I'll be on the same cruise :) and like everyone else has said, "rain" usually means a quick shower! It's going to be a blast regardless! :)

bummer, the weather reports for our cruise are not looking real good. Looks like a good chance of rain all week.....Puerto Rico, Barbados, Antigua, St Maarten, St Lucia, St Thomas.......:(

You have nothing to worry about. With a forecast like that it will definitely be sunny and beautiful weather. ☀

I have never seen a job like the weather forecasters have. They are never accountable. All they do is tell what it will be and why, then the next day they explain why it didn't turn out as predicted. Plus they always have that little phrase thrown in giving the percentage of it happening.

Plus always take the insurance policy.. Always found if I carried an umbrella it never rains.

.🎃

Archived