Eurodam cabin #8070, noise++++

mezza

I booked this wonderful midship cabin when I had the choice of half the ship! I was really looking forward to it and in some ways, the location was excellent. However, I think the builders forgot to put insulation in the roof.

If you are booked in this cabin, you may like to know it is directly below the Lido Bar, which is right inside the door to the Lido pool area and therefore surrounded by ceramic floor tiles. This means that every time a drinks cart or a vacuum cleaner is pushed along this area, it is heard below in cabin 8070. It occurs day and night. I heard it at 12.30 at night, 4.30 in the morning and various times during the day. Despite the staff saying the bar closed at 9.00 pm, the noise of opening and closing fridge doors, washing up and other extraneous noises can be heard well into the early hours. If you wonder why I know these noises came from there, well, I ran upstairs when I heard noises and identified the offender!

So, if you are deaf or used to noises, having a noisy cabin may not worry you, but for me, who has never experienced noises like this, it was unbelieving annoying. I forgot to mention there were times when the whole cabin shook but I could not identify the culprit. Thought it may have been the staff stairwell door opposite being banged but no, it wasn't that.

All in all, I will never book a cabin that does not have a cabin above. You live and learn and this was an experience that spoilt the cruise somewhat

We understand your nightmare room ever so well ! We had a similar problem in a Junior Suite on RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas. The adult pool area was above us. It closed at 10pm so should have been fine ... except for that evil ceramic tile and the never-ending parade of carts clacking loudly over them all hours of the night.

After 2 days DH was beginning to morph into a bear from lack of sleep.

We complained and complained right on up through the ranks, told them we didn't want any free steakhouse dinners to "say they were sorry" .... we just wanted to sleep !!!!

It got better ... finally by day 4 of 10 .... But I'd bet the cost of a ticket that on the next sailing the folks in our row of cabins suffered the same fate as us!

You gotta figure we - you and us - are NOT the first passengers who had problems with those cabins!!:(

I thought it may have just been a flaw in the building of the Eurodam but it would seem common to all ships. Wouldn't you think designers would recognise this and do something about it? I bet the solution involves more money, so cruise lines just ignore it. Hmm, it's not like we are taking a quick budget trip, we pay for a luxury product for a number of days. I do hope someone in the industry takes note!

Mezza,

We were in SR 8090 on Nieuw Amsterdam for 24 days last month.

Same problem. Scraping of furniture and trolleys from Lido from midnight onwards.

Only complaint.

Try Deck 5 as an alternative.

I'm hoping my room in the CA category on the panorama deck # 10 for next feb be with no noise problems. I read some great reviews about this cat although it is located under the crew's nest. So I'm assuming there are exceptions to the rule of cabins above and cabins below.

I thought it may have just been a flaw in the building of the Eurodam but it would seem common to all ships. Wouldn't you think designers would recognise this and do something about it? I bet the solution involves more money, so cruise lines just ignore it. Hmm, it's not like we are taking a quick budget trip, we pay for a luxury product for a number of days. I do hope someone in the industry takes note!

What's sad is that some simple long rubber runner mats put down after hours would solve the problem!! :(

I booked this wonderful midship cabin when I had the choice of half the ship! I was really looking forward to it and in some ways, the location was excellent. However, I think the builders forgot to put insulation in the roof.

If you are booked in this cabin, you may like to know it is directly below the Lido Bar, which is right inside the door to the Lido pool area and therefore surrounded by ceramic floor tiles. This means that every time a drinks cart or a vacuum cleaner is pushed along this area, it is heard below in cabin 8070. It occurs day and night. I heard it at 12.30 at night, 4.30 in the morning and various times during the day. Despite the staff saying the bar closed at 9.00 pm, the noise of opening and closing fridge doors, washing up and other extraneous noises can be heard well into the early hours. If you wonder why I know these noises came from there, well, I ran upstairs when I heard noises and identified the offender!

So, if you are deaf or used to noises, having a noisy cabin may not worry you, but for me, who has never experienced noises like this, it was unbelieving annoying. I forgot to mention there were times when the whole cabin shook but I could not identify the culprit. Thought it may have been the staff stairwell door opposite being banged but no, it wasn't that.

All in all, I will never book a cabin that does not have a cabin above. You live and learn and this was an experience that spoilt the cruise somewhat

I looked up the Eurodam deck plans as we have been thinking about a cruise on that ship. It looks to me like #8070 is under a "white space" room between the Lido Bar and the Lido restaurant. We all know it is usually impossible to determine what is in those mysterious white spaces. From your description it sounds like this is some type of mini galley area for the Lido Bar supplies. Thanks for pointing out the problems in the cabins above this area.

Archived