NCL Disappointed Me Today

DKJ

I'm very disappointed with NCL right now. Twice today I tried to switch room cat for an upcoming sailing on the Epic and they are disputing what's listed on their website. The $766 pp for a spa balcony has been there all day for a 3 passenger lattitude's reservation and twice I called and was on hold for a long time for them to tell me that the price is really $1076pp and nothing they could do :( I hope they fix it soon so some other passenger doesn't have to go thru what I did.

FIX YOUR WEBSITE NCL:(

I recently changed a reso with NCL on the phone. Initially the rep was unable to apply the $300 OBC offered by the current promo because she was trying to change the booking with my old booking date still intact. A quick conversation with her supervisor and the matter was resolved immediately. Rather than edit the existing, the rep told me she had to just completely delete the existing booking and start again.

This tidbit may or may not be helpful to you particularly if you're beyond final payment (which you didn't mention).

If the website shows a price or promo, chances are pretty good that its the deal to be had, but NCLs internal booking system obviously requires some additional steps to make it work on an existing booking.

Call them back and work through the relatively minor problem.

My pcc told me that often times if you see a price drop on the website close to cruise time it's for new bookings only, as they make that last attempt to fill all the rooms prior to sailing.

They normally can't help if you made your final payment.

Enjoy Epic :)

I'm very disappointed with NCL right now. Twice today I tried to switch room cat for an upcoming sailing on the Epic and they are disputing what's listed on their website. The $766 pp for a spa balcony has been there all day for a 3 passenger lattitude's reservation and twice I called and was on hold for a long time for them to tell me that the price is really $1076pp and nothing they could do :( I hope they fix it soon so some other passenger doesn't have to go thru what I did.

Unfortunately for You it seems that there is nothing to fix. When NCL updated their website, they changed the way how the prices are shown to match f.ex. Carnivals site. When the prices were previously shown only for double occupancy and extra passengers added to the price later, now the total for all passengers in the cabin is divided per passenger and shown from the beginning - in other words the site shows everybody paying the same price each instead of previously showing initially one price for pax 1 and 2 and something else for the rest later.

So in this case, 3 x $766 = $2298 is the same as 2 x $1149 = $2298 (assuming KSF for the 3rd passenger) that is the correct price for spa balcony on your cruise (don't know where that quoted $1076 came from, the official price has never been lower than $1149 where it was dropped almost two weeks ago, on 10/18).

So to me it seems that this is just a misunderstanding on Your part, not NCL's fault per se (other than the fact that they couldn't explain this to You).

Have you tried calling again? I also got $766 pp 3 to a cabin

Have you tried calling again? I also got $766 pp 3 to a cabin

See Demonyte's explanation. The new site shows the lower amount since it divides the total by 3. The old site doesn't do it the same way and shows the higher price for 1st and 2nd. However, on the old it shows sold out for 3 or more no matter what age I drop in (was curious if related to the KSF error that was discussed on another thread).

Why can't people just book the cabin they want initially

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Often times there are significant price drops closer to sailing, allowing you to get an upgraded cabin at a fraction of the cost.

Case in point- my last cruise was on the Breakaway. We were originally booked in an inside cabin, which was fine by us.

Then there was a significant price drop about 5 weeks prior to sailing. We were moved up to a balcony at no charge as the balcony was now less than we paid for the inside.

Two weeks after that we were able to upgrade (paid) to a spa balcony for $200 total.

Originally the spa balcony was $1600 more than the inside stateroom.

It's a win-win for everyone. The customer feels that they got a "bargain" and the cruise line now has a lower category stateroom (read:cheaper) that will be easier to fill at the last minute.

Unfortunately for You it seems that there is nothing to fix. When NCL updated their website, they changed the way how the prices are shown to match f.ex. Carnivals site. When the prices were previously shown only for double occupancy and extra passengers added to the price later, now the total for all passengers in the cabin is divided per passenger and shown from the beginning - in other words the site shows everybody paying the same price each instead of previously showing initially one price for pax 1 and 2 and something else for the rest later.

So in this case, 3 x $766 = $2298 is the same as 2 x $1149 = $2298 (assuming KSF for the 3rd passenger) that is the correct price for spa balcony on your cruise (don't know where that quoted $1076 came from, the official price has never been lower than $1149 where it was dropped almost two weeks ago, on 10/18).

So to me it seems that this is just a misunderstanding on Your part, not NCL's fault per se (other than the fact that they couldn't explain this to You).

The $146 difference between 2298 and 2 X 1076 might be the fee and taxes on KSF.

The $146 difference between 2298 and 2 X 1076 might be the fee and taxes on KSF.

It might be. On the other hand, the price history site that I use, shows the price $1149pp without additional costs for double occupancy (just like NCL's site shows the price before putting in the third person).

But it might also be that they'd be able to give that kind of small discount on supervisor authority or something like that, there is no way of knowing where that figure came from. :)

We had a similar issue. We have 3 cabins booked on the Breakaway for 11/24. My brother's family of 4 will book any category if the prices come down enough. The last 2 days they have shown an oceanview for $265 pp, but when you progress it changes to 819 pp. That cannot be explained away by 2 person vs 4 person. They called it a computer glitch, but it still hasn't been fixed. This would have been a new booking. The KSF promo is not applicable to this cruise date.

We had a similar issue. We have 3 cabins booked on the Breakaway for 11/24. My brother's family of 4 will book any category if the prices come down enough. The last 2 days they have shown an oceanview for $265 pp, but when you progress it changes to 819 pp. That cannot be explained away by 2 person vs 4 person. They called it a computer glitch, but it still hasn't been fixed. This would have been a new booking. The KSF promo is not applicable to this cruise date.

Yes, the breakaway for $265 is way, way too good to be true. Of course, it is a glitch.

What you are not taking into consideration is that:

a.) You were using the new site, which breaks down the fare into equal parts for each guest, so the $265 you were seeing on the screen after inputing 4 as the number of guests is a distorted figure. And

b.) Since that sailing is nearly full at this time, the rate for 3rd and 4th guests has increased to $549 per person now - on all categories. When you add in port fees and taxes, it rises even further, obviously.

Either way, it doesn't matter at this point, because it appears they are no longer booking any Oceanview categories for 4 people. I just tried it on the new site and received a banner showing nothing available for the selected number of guests.

Archived