10 PM Departure, what time will they start to board

KatPem

So, my husband and I were just in San Juan in April as well as 10 years ago on a prior cruise. We will get in the night before so there is no need to explore, we just want to get on the boat and really start our vacation without kids! I got the FTTF so I would really like to get there when they start to board but since we don't take off til 10 PM, not sure what time that will be? Anyone with experience on a later departure time??

Should be on your boarding docs.

So, my husband and I were just in San Juan in April as well as 10 years ago on a prior cruise. We will get in the night before so there is no need to explore, we just want to get on the ship and really start our vacation without kids! I got the FTTF so I would really like to get there when they start to board but since we don't take off til 10 PM, not sure what time that will be? Anyone with experience on a later departure time??

The embarkation times should be listed in your docs, on the Boarding Pass.

Well boarding docs for most ports say 1pm, despite the ship almost always beginning boarding by 11am. So I think OP was looking for an answer based on experience, not the boarding docs.

As others have said, San Juan usually boards similar to other ports. Never seen boarding start later than 11am both times we were there. I will say, the time we went before lunch it took forever and was a very long process. Arriving mid-afternoon was much quicker. FTTF would definitely solve that though, so you should be set!

It's a great cruise! Enjoy it :)

Just sailed in September/October and the Valor boards at the same time as any other ship. We arrived at the port about 10:30am and started the boarding process about 11:30am. We were able to hit the Lido, access our rooms, then we got off the boat to explore San Juan. We didn't have to return until 8pm. (were there much earlier due to a steak house reservation).

Debark we didn't actually get off the boat until closer to 11 so those folks may have been a bit behind the above schedule. But that is pretty close to any other boat we have ever sailed.

Hope this helps!!!

I'm on the 2nd leg of the Conquest repo in a couple of weeks. Spending two pre-cruise nights at the Sheraton across from the pier. Check-out is at 11 am, so I was hoping I could just drag my bags across the street and check in. I'm Platinum, so should be able to board early. Good to know I won't have to hang out in the hotel lobby waiting.

Not to highjack the thread, but I was thinking about booking the steakhouse the first night. I wasn't sure it was even open with the late muster drill. I'd be really annoyed if I had to get up and leave my dinner for muster drill!! Wonder how late I could make a res and have it not interfer.

We started the boarding process around noon or so, but there were already quite a few people ahead of us. Around that time it took us about an hour to get through check in and then security and be on the ship. We were then able to eat lunch, and got right back off the ship and went back to CVS for our wine and soda purchase. We were back on board around 3:30 or 4 and at that time there was no one in line for the boarding process and only a couple people in line for security.

Having FTTF would probably speed up the check in process some. I would say you could probably start the process around 11am.

Archived