Marriott questions

OntarioTraveller

Hi, we are planning to go there while on same cruise. If you would like to share a taxi, please let me know. Thanks!

Hey! After reading numerous reviews, we changed our day plans to the Carambola Beach Club for the day. Otherwise, we would have loved to share a cab with you :)

If you want to head to Carambola, lmk on the roll call and I will give you details.

Hey! After reading numerous reviews, we changed our day plans to the Carambola Beach Club for the day. Otherwise, we would have loved to share a cab with you :)

If you want to head to Carambola, lmk on the roll call and I will give you details.

If you don't mind me asking, what changed your mind to go to Carambola rather than the Marriott? FTI: We are going to Carambola too but in March. After reading the posts on the Marriott it was tempting me to change and go there. Now I'm confused...... Yikes...

Wish I knew of someone that has done both and hear what they have to say....:rolleyes:

If you don't mind me asking, what changed your mind to go to Carambola rather than the Marriott? FTI: We are going to Carambola too but in March. After reading the posts on the Marriott it was tempting me to change and go there. Now I'm confused...... Yikes...

Wish I knew of someone that has done both and hear what they have to say....:rolleyes:

I switched for a couple of reasons. The Marriott is on the side of the island with rougher water and we prefer quiet water. I started looking at Carambola after reading several reviews of people staying at the Marriott who were leaving the resort everyday to head to other beaches. Most went out looking for other beaches because they said the water was too rough at the Marriott.

The second reason we are switching is cost. We are three adults. By going to Carambola and reserving three chairs and an umbrella, the total charge is only $40 vs the prices at the Marriott.

The only negative that I see for Carambola is that they don't have a pool. As long as the water is quiet and clean, it won't be an issue for us. It might be important to you.

I think that ultimately both locations are winners and we wouldn't go wrong either way.

• 2 weeks later...
I just emailed MArriott for our date March 4th and they are booked. It's a good idea to email ahead of time.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I have been on their website and I do not see an email address. I am going in April and would like to go there. Do you still have their email address?

Zero reason to pay the 35.00 dollars unless you feel morally obligated to. You can just go through and use the pool and faculties with zero hassle. No one ever asks to see your pass. We spent the day there and stayed by the pool the entire day and even went and checked out the table tennis equipment.

I switched for a couple of reasons. The Marriott is on the side of the island with rougher water and we prefer quiet water. I started looking at Carambola after reading several reviews of people staying at the Marriott who were leaving the resort everyday to head to other beaches. Most went out looking for other beaches because they said the water was too rough at the Marriott.

The second reason we are switching is cost. We are three adults. By going to Carambola and reserving three chairs and an umbrella, the total charge is only $40 vs the prices at the Marriott.

The only negative that I see for Carambola is that they don't have a pool. As long as the water is quiet and clean, it won't be an issue for us. It might be important to you.

I think that ultimately both locations are winners and we wouldn't go wrong either way.

Thanks for your insight. We are going to Carambola and so ready for a wonderful and relaxing break

• 2 weeks later...

We are interested in the marriott day room for next March. Is it a regular hotel room with beds? I would think by booking this, we would also have charging privileges and could use their towels instead of hauling them ourselves?

• 2 weeks later...
We are interested in the marriott day room for next March. Is it a regular hotel room with beds? I would think by booking this, we would also have charging privileges and could use their towels instead of hauling them ourselves?

We did a day room 5 of us back in 2010, if you have a group of 4 or more headed to the Marriott or a family it's thee only way to go. Very nice room(2 queen beds), bathroom was wonderful I always take a change of clothes showered after a LONG day on the beach before we headed back to the ship it was really nice, $$$ well spent. Hope that helps Todd

Does any one know if the day pass price is the same for kids and is there snorkel equipment included or available at what cost?

I'm not sure what the cost is for children's day pass, and I did not see snorkel equipment available, I brought mine with me.