PH3 Choice on Insignia

Ka Honu

Some of us are not obsessed with the size of the cabin. LOL

I am not.

I know some are - but apparently not the folks who are posting

Some are obsessed with food

Some are obsessed with their butlers

Everyone takes different things into consideration

I'm not sure that the use of the word obsessed is particularly helpful in this context.

This is, after all a thread about the merits of various PH3 cabins, so if size isn't a signally appropriate subject matter, then I cannot think what would be.

As you may recall, I have had little patience, in the past, for those who board the ships with tape-measures in hand, and imagine themselves as Maritime Architects in the rough, but to my memory, there is a significant difference in size amongst the PH3's on the R ships.

Edited by JimandStan

I have never noticed a difference in size in various PH cabins on any of the "R" ships. Perhaps I'm simply not observant! As I recall, when O instituted the PH1, 2 and 3 categories (as opposed to plain old PHs), it was solely based on location: PH3 being midships, PH2 being somewhat further out and PH3 being on the extremes.

As far as Laraine's comments about 8056, they gibe with our recollection of 8057 on Regatta. I can't recall any noise at all. True, it was a long time ago and perhaps things have changed.

Mura

I never said it was not an appropriate topic. Merely observing that many of us don't think about it. In fact if ur choosing to sail on an r ship size probably isn't high on ur list to begin with.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Having stayed in or visited several PH3 cabins I have never noticed any appreciable difference.

The brochures state a size of 322 square feet, not a range of sizes. If there were appreciable differences I would think they would use the word "aprox" or state the cabins were 300-322 square feet or something similar.

Not that it matters to us but I am sure there are those who would make a big stink and demand price adjustments if they could show a significant difference in cabin size.

As for us, we are on Oceania, visiting interesting ports, so enough said!