PH3 Choice on Insignia

Ka Honu

We're looking at booking a PH3 on Insignia for an upcoming cruise. This will be our first time on an R Class and we're looking forward to it but have questions on cabin selection. Available staterooms are 8000, 8001, 8058, 8059, 8060, 8061, and 8062. Any advice on which would be better choices?

What is in the space between 8000/8001 and the bridge?

Is there a noise issue with the aft cabins being directly above the Terrace Grill?

Any other advice?

Thanks.

We were in 8000 for 28 days on Regatta and loved it. We chose this cabin as it is directly below the card room so there was no noise from above. There is a door directly outside which leads to officers' cabins and the bridge. The Chief Engineer was next to us but we never heard him. We occasionally heard the door in the corridor but never during the night. We would definitely book this cabin again.

Brenda

we just got off and it had a lot of Terrace Grill noise in early am and late pm.

Would go for as close to mid ship as possible.

Other than that it was GREAT.Loved the extra room,tub,room service(with HOT breakfast,pm canapes and great butler,Grince.The stewardess was also wonderful,room cleaned fast and completely.

Enjoy,it s worth the extra for the perks.:D

we just got off and it had a lot of Terrace Grill noise in early am and late pm.

Other than that it was GREAT.Loved the extra room,tub,room service(with HOT breakfast,pm canapes and great butler,Grince.The stewardess was also wonderful,room cleaned fast and completely.

Enjoy,it s worth the extra for the perks.:D[/q

I too would avoid those aft cabins. We kept hearin the automatic doors open and clos continuously in the early am and evening. It took us a while to figure what that rolling noise was but it did get annoying.

We were in 8000 for 28 days on Regatta and loved it. We chose this cabin as it is directly below the card room so there was no noise from above. There is a door directly outside which leads to officers' cabins and the bridge. The Chief Engineer was next to us but we never heard him. We occasionally heard the door in the corridor but never during the night. We would definitely book this cabin again.

Brenda

Good to know!

Would you choose 8000 or 8002?

We were slightly wary of 8000, because we weren't quite sure what was in that "white area" next door. We figured it would include some senior officer quarters, but it could be an elevator immediately next to 8000.

But 8002 is a bit closer to the stairs/elevators.

It's a shame that the PH's are all under public areas on these ships.

Many thanks!

GeezerCouple

Good to know!

Would you choose 8000 or 8002?

We were slightly wary of 8000, because we weren't quite sure what was in that "white area" next door. We figured it would include some senior officer quarters, but it could be an elevator immediately next to 8000.

But 8002 is a bit closer to the stairs/elevators.

It's a shame that the PH's are all under public areas on these ships.

Many thanks!

GeezerCouple

I would go in either 8000 or 8002. It was definitely a cabin next to 8000 - we looked through the door ;). I'm not sure there are any elevators in the "white area".

I agree with other posters, I wouldn't go under the Terrace cafe or Waves grill.

Good luck with your choice.

Brenda

I would go in either 8000 or 8002. It was definitely a cabin next to 8000 - we looked through the door ;). I'm not sure there are any elevators in the "white area".

I agree with other posters, I wouldn't go under the Terrace cafe or Waves grill.

Good luck with your choice.

Brenda

Great, thanks so much.

We grabbed 8002.

The opposite two cabins are under the fitness center, and we could just imagine treadmills thumping *very* early - and not used by us!

Someday, maybe we'll be fortunate enough to enjoy a long cruise. It must be wonderful. (DH isn't eager to retire - a nice "problem" - but that means we'll start our "retirement travel" in bits and pieces. We've decided not to postpone it any longer. We "officially" start in about a month. Some cruises, and some land-based trips, and some combos.)

We'll probably be on the Riviera before we have a chance to see the Regatta.

(We had to reschedule a Regatta cruise in 2014 until 2015, alas, due to an unexpected conference rescheduling. At least we had plenty of advance notice. And we got 8002 as a consolation prize for the delay, at least ;-)

Are the Regatta "mid-ship" PH suites under the public areas also subject to noise problems, or is it mostly the noise of swinging doors and food service equipment that causes the noise under the aft areas?

Many thanks!

GeezerCouple

Enjoy,it s worth the extra for the perks.:D

LOL

8056 is my preferred cabin on Nautica

We did not hear any noise at all. Love the location.

As some have said before me, really hard to ask others about cabin choices. One man's heaven is another man's hell.

8057 on Nautica -- very noisy since it is above the terrace kitchen door and they run the buffet carts on that side to the kitchen when they set up for breakfast and tear down at night.

Would stay on other side as it is quieter..

LOL

8056 is my preferred cabin on Nautica

We did not hear any noise at all. Love the location.

As some have said before me, really hard to ask others about cabin choices. One man's heaven is another man's hell.

I so hope you're right about this because we're booked in 8054 on Regatta in November 2014. When I saw the posts about 8056 I was ready to email my TA to see if we could change. Knowing how you love the Regatta, I'm going to take your word for it! :)

Thanks for chiming in with the invaluable experience factor. We opted for 8000 as it seemed to be the "safest" available choice - not under anything likely to wake SWMBO before she's ready to be awakened (not something you wish to experience).

I so hope you're right about this because we're booked in 8054 on Regatta in November 2014. When I saw the posts about 8056 I was ready to email my TA to see if we could change. Knowing how you love the Regatta, I'm going to take your word for it! :)

and you say Regatta.Don t think those two ships are same,are they?

I was in 8056 on REGATTA and did mention loud noises from Terrace in am and pm.Would switch rooms,if possible more toward middle.

And other than that small problem,it was really GREAT.

This is a minor annoyance unless you re a light sleeper,we were usually up already.;)

We are in 8002 on Nautica starting Monday - yes flying out to Barcelona later today. WE have been in PH two other times on the R ships - once in 8057 and had said never again. However, our TA said 8002 was great, having stayed there himself. No noise or traffic problem.

He said we'd liked it better than 8000 because you don't have a white wall next to you on the balcony. We were offered a great upsell since the ship isn't full so we took it. Off to finish up some packing.:):)

Ships are identical in Cabin arrangement.

My guess it is pot luck there are doors to Kitchen on both sides so it depends on which one the crew uses to move the buffet stiff around.

Both sides are nice. While the noise could be intrusive, I am an early riser and did not matter, DW was not and so it did bother her.

...Don t think those two ships are same,are they?...

Yes. Regatta, Nautica and Insignia are virtually identical. We used to joke that we could tell the difference because Regatta had a love seat in the laundry room while Insignia had two chairs...but that's sure to have been updated by now. All 3 will receive identical upgrades in 2014.

8056 is my first choice always on any of the r ships

Have no fear. Lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Laraine,

Quick question: Why is 8056 so special, vs the cabins on either side of it - or even on the other side? Or are they all pretty similar and you just have fond memories of this particular cabin number?

We were briefly booked just across from that, but then we had to change the cruise date much further in the future, so we had many more choices.

Thanks very much!

GeezerCouple

We are currently in 8002 on Nautical and it is wonderfully located and very quiet. Would have posted sooner but busy enjoying mid 70 degree weather in November. I really sent this yesterday but the internet is so slow....Lol

Great to know, truly! :)

We had tried for this one (or 8000) before on the Regatta, but they were booked.

Then we had to postpone that particular trip by almost a year (first time to get that itinerary again, without a scheduling conflict), and we were able to get 8002!

It seemed under a quiet area, and far enough from the stairway/elevator area.

We envy you. ENJOY!!

Thanks!

GeezerCouple

I'm surprised that the discussion has come this far without room size being mentioned.

My memory is that the Penthouses are anything but uniform on the R ships.

Some of us are not obsessed with the size of the cabin. LOL

I am not.

I know some are - but apparently not the folks who are posting

Some are obsessed with food

Some are obsessed with their butlers

Everyone takes different things into consideration