Chefs Dinner

brinvic

Has anyone ever done the Chefs Dinner? We will be on The Legend this coming Sunday and would like to sign up for this. I saw that the are only 12 people able to go. What is the quickest way to sign up? And is it only 1 night? Thanks for any info

Has anyone ever done the Chefs Dinner? We will be on The Legend this coming Sunday and would like to sign up for this. I saw that the are only 12 people able to go. What is the quickest way to sign up? And is it only 1 night? Thanks for any info

We have done the CT 5 times. I believe on the Legend that is held on the lower floor of the nightclub. I have seen them scheduled (based upon demand) as few as one and as many as three times on a sailing.

I'll be on the Legend the week after you :D and I made the reservation through the steakhouse. We have a confirmed ressie but no date. They assign the date when you board if they've gotten enough interest.

At this point you might want to wait until you board on Sunday and go up to the steakhouse. My understanding is that they will do multiple CT if there is enough interest.

Have a great time and hurry back....LOL :p

Because you're sailing so soon, it's probably best to wait until you get on the ship to make the reservation. The last time we sailed on the Miracle in January, there was a steak house rep standing in the atrium with a sign up sheet for the Chef's Table. When we got on (around 11:30-12pm) no one else had inquired. I would advise getting there as early as you can and look for this rep as soon as you get on the ship to sign up. If you don't see someone promoting the Chef's Table (you should!) you can talk to the people making steak house reservations or guest services.

For future reference if you want to do it again, you can make a request by emailing eventplanning at carnival dot com or through John Heald's blog. Be aware, you might not get a response, but this doesn't mean the reservation isn't made. When we sailed the Miracle in January, I put a request in through John Heald and never heard back, but when we got on the ship, I approached the woman from the steak house who was advertising the Chef's Table and our names were already on the list. :cool:

$75/pp -- it sounds like a lot but it is totally worth it!

You're so right. It's not simply just a meal. It's an event in an intimate atmosphere with a small group, amazing food, a wine glass that will never be empty and access to the culinary mind of one of Carnival's Head Chefs. I attended the Chef's Table on the Valor last year and will again this December on the Conquest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have done this on multiple ships and it is always a great eveing. The chef will usually come by your table one evening before the event and ask if there are any diet restrictions or special requests. One cruise the chef changed a couple of items on our menu because he knew that we had seen them on a previous Chef's Table and wanted to make sure we got to try something different.

Can they accommodate vegetarians? No seafood.

We did it on the Glory a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure they can accommodate your vegetarian needs, but do understand it's somewhat of a "foodie" experience and I'm not sure how much of the great tastes you'll miss since you don't eat meat or seafood.

I would disagree with others here and I'd say go ahead and email the steakhouse manager NOW and get booked. I emailed the steakhouse manager three days before we sailed and had an email confirmation the next morning. Just one less thing you'll have to worry about when you get on board!

We are doing this for the 1st time on the Liberty and are looking forward to it. What can you tell me about the event itself, from start to finish. Please

It starts with the head chef meeting you somehwere at 6:30 (usually in the Atrium or Piano bar) and begins with champagne and a couple of apps. Then a tour of the kitchen during 1st seating dinner then the meal (which can be a separate room or on the new alrger ships in the kitchen itself. It will take a good 3 hours, for all the courses and dessert and there will be a recipe for WCMC and a picture of the table and the chef. Each course is made there (not exactly in front of you but in the room) and then presented and described by the head chef. There will also be a rolled menu of each course as a take away.

Edited by jimbo5544

We are doing this for the 1st time on the Liberty and are looking forward to it. What can you tell me about the event itself, from start to finish. Please

Making the assumption that the process will be similar to the Valor since they're sister ships. We met by the atrium bar and once everyone was there, we were greeted by the chef and headed to the galley for a tour while the staff was preparing dinner for MDR guests. While there, we were treated to some amazing palate teasing nibbles and plenty of champagne. After, we were introduced to the pastry chef who showed us how to make the world famous warm chocolate melting cake. Next we headed to a private dining room just off the MDR where the dinner really started. The chef took the time to explain each dish and also took a group photo with us (you'll get it delivered to your cabin the next day). The wine flowed freely, and the conversation was fabulous.

Here's a link to my cruise review. The Chefs Table was on day 3 of the cruise (Cozumel) and pics of each dish are towards the end of the review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36237294

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just signed up for the Chef's Table on my up coming cruise. It is $75 per person but we decided to do it because we had never seen one bad review of the chef's table. most things get mixed reviews but the chef's table, everyone seems to walk away rather impressed.

If you decide to go for it, this is how it's done.......Email

groupeventplanning@carnival.com

Give them your booking number, room number, and let them know how many people that you want to reserve places for at the chef's table. They will get back with you in a couple of days. I received one email that told me that I would be notified if they were able to accommodate us, then I got another email from Steak House confirming my reservation. The turn around was three days. I hope this helped. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Forums mobile app

Edited by smyliecruising

We did it and was the highlight of the whole trip! the chef was so nice, my kids were 15 and 17 and loved it, my DD loved the pumpkin butter and the chef had it delivered every night at the MDR for her.

we are debating it for the Thanksgiving cruise but not in love with the menu that is offered right now.

I just signed up for the Chef's Table on my up coming cruise. It is $75 per person but we decided to do it because we had never seen one bad review of the chef's table. most things get mixed reviews but the chef's table, everyone seems to walk away rather impressed.

If you decide to go for it, this is how it's done.......Email

groupeventplanning@carnival.com

Give them your booking number, room number, and let them know how many people that you want to reserve places for at the chef's table. They will get back with you in a couple of days. I received one email that told me that I would be notified if they were able to accommodate us, then I got another email from Steak House confirming my reservation. The turn around was three days. I hope this helped. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Forums mobile app

Or you can just directly email the Steakhouse manager on the ship you'll be going on. The email address is xxsteakhouse@carnival.com. Just substitute the two letter code for your ship where the XX is.

I suggest reservations, we were on a cruise with no table set up for reservations upon boarding. Why? Because they were already booked! Love the Chefs Table and doing our 3rd one on the Dream over New Years :)

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app