Hotel near Port Imperial?

Nancybell

The Sheraton is one option; another major option is the cluster of hotels in Secaucus. There's an Embassy Suites, a Hyatt Place, a Hampton, and some others I think. These have free parking, which the Sheraton doesn't. Another option with free parking is the Candlewood in Jersey City.

If your aim is just to get to the port on the morning of the cruise and you don't care about seeing NYC, it will generally be cheaper to stay further out of town -- somewhere like Parsippany, for instance (assuming you're coming in via I-81 to I-380 to I-80), will be close enough to the port to be a quick run in, but far enough away to be a good bit cheaper.

Going on Splendor in Feb. Driving from Canada and thinking of parking at Port Imperial and taking the ferry across the Hudson River.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive hotel, near by?

I always have my cruise friends stay at Homewood Suites in Edgewater. We live about 5 minutes from there. It is only about 1 mile from Port Imperial. Right on the Hudson beautiful views free breakfast, great location. Hopefully you are coming here after Superbowl week!

Edited by mommyto2girls

• 4 weeks later...

Can anybody give any insight about Port Imperial? Was it a good experience? I was thinking about staying at a nearby hotel, then parking at Port Imperial for a week. Then do you take the Ferry to Manhattan and where does it let you off in relation to the port? Do you need a taxi from where the ferry lets you off to the ship pier? It will be pier 88 or pier 90. Is there a weekly rate to park at Port Imperial, or is it $15 per day?? Thanks in advance for your replies.

I always have my cruise friends stay at Homewood Suites in Edgewater. We live about 5 minutes from there. It is only about 1 mile from Port Imperial. Right on the Hudson beautiful views free breakfast, great location. Hopefully you are coming here after Superbowl week!

I am thinking of sailing on the GEM this summer. Can you give me advice on getting to the port from the NJ side? Probably parking at Port Imperial, unless we stay at secaucus where parking is allowed while we are on cruise. TY!

The Sheraton is one option; another major option is the cluster of hotels in Secaucus. There's an Embassy Suites, a Hyatt Place, a Hampton, and some others I think. These have free parking, which the Sheraton doesn't. Another option with free parking is the Candlewood in Jersey City.

If your aim is just to get to the port on the morning of the cruise and you don't care about seeing NYC, it will generally be cheaper to stay further out of town -- somewhere like Parsippany, for instance (assuming you're coming in via I-81 to I-380 to I-80), will be close enough to the port to be a quick run in, but far enough away to be a good bit cheaper.

Would these transfers be by bus? My sister want to avoid costly taxis/car service. She's cheap, and has no problem, taking public transportation. What would be the cheapest option with an overnigh?

Budget Queen - could you provide more details about your sister's plans? Budget, number of people, flying or driving, date, Manhattan or Bayonne, etc.

I am sailing on the EX in Jan, but am flying in from Oregon instead of coming down from Boston for this trip. I am looking at the Robert Treat in Newark for a number of budget reasons. They will pick me up at the airport. They will drop me off at Newark Penn Station so I can take Path to Exchange Place and the light rail to Bayonne and a cab into the port which will cost me under $15 instead of $50. And most of all they are offering a 14 day prepay rate of $80 + tax, which is way below any price I can find for any decent airport hotel. Downtown Newark is not a vacation destination, but the Trip Advisor reviews are very good. I have a very late arrival, so all I need is a place to sleep.

Path will also take you to 33rd & 6th in Manhattan with a transfer at Journal Square for $2.50.

I am thinking of sailing on the GEM this summer. Can you give me advice on getting to the port from the NJ side? Probably parking at Port Imperial, unless we stay at secaucus where parking is allowed while we are on cruise. TY!

Sorry for the delay we were on the Gem! The ferry takes about 7 minutes to cross the Hudson. If you are not heavily burdened by luggage you can walk straight up 12 th ave to the pier. If you take a taxi it is only a few short blocks and under $10. When you go back just walk to the ferry ( weather permitting) or grab a taxi back to NY Waterways, again very inexpensive ride.