Has Carnival done away with your S&S printout ?

MEOWSMURPHY

We were on the 10/5 sailing of Carnival Liberty. Previous to that cruise we sailed In January. In January, as in every cruise previously( 18 of them), we received a final tabulation printout on debarkation day. Not so this time around. We were Zone one but since our flight didn't leave till 12:45 we stayed on board and had a leisurely breakfast. I noticed we had not received the printout and thought my DH had picked it up and put it somewhere. When I asked he said nope...didn't get one...for us no biggie as I check our tab throughout the cruise and knew what the total should be. As we were walking the halls to breakfast I noticed not one mailbox had a printout...strange to say the least...Is this something new Carnival is doing or perhaps they had problems with this sailing and no one got one? I just thought it strange..no printout..no note saying they had problems with the print outs..nada..

We were on the 10/5 sailing of Carnival Liberty. Previous to that cruise we sailed In January. In January, as in every cruise previously( 18 of them), we received a final tabulation printout on debarkation day. Not so this time around. We were Zone one but since our flight didn't leave till 12:45 we stayed on board and had a leisurely breakfast. I noticed we had not received the printout and thought my DH had picked it up and put it somewhere. When I asked he said nope...didn't get one...for us no biggie as I check our tab throughout the cruise and knew what the total should be. As we were walking the halls to breakfast I noticed not one mailbox had a printout...strange to say the least...Is this something new Carnival is doing or perhaps they had problems with this sailing and no one got one? I just thought it strange..no printout..no note saying they had problems with the print outs..nada..

I did not get one on my last cruise in April. I've seen others post here too that Carnival no longer gives you a final statement. You can go to the kiosk and get one if you want one.

Got one a couple of weeks ago on Freedom....

We didnt get one on the liberty earlier this month.

Called guest services and they said printed copies are history. Wish they would have told us though.

I wish they would have told us too! We did not get one on Liberty last weekend either.

Many years ago, on our first Carnival cruise, we removed our automatic gratuities until we saw what the service would be like. We had a cash tip envelope ready to go that was actually MORE than the auto tips. Our room steward approached us as soon as we left the cabin for breakfast on the last day and DEMANDED to know why we didn't tip. He wouldn't give us our bill until we explained ourselves! (I complained to Carnival and was told this was not normal protocol). Anyhow, long story short ... when I didn't get my S&S statement on Saturday I immediately thought something was wrong. Checked with guest services and they said no more paper statements were delivered. PHEW! Didn't want to be yelled at again! ;)

We got ours under the door on Fascination in June. Would definitely not like it if they discontinue with these. I have found errors (overcharges) on prior cruises, and IMO, CCL needs to continue printing and delivering the statements.

I check ours on the TV every couple of days. I'm a "looks close" kind of guy and don't spend much time analyzing it, but your thought process may vary! :D

And we were on the Glory two weeks ago and did NOT get one! Fine by me though, the less paper the better!

Strange, because even in May on the Glory we got one. It was on a pinkish colored paper then and this time it was on a plain white one. Could it be dependent on your room steward delivering it? I have no idea, just a guess. We stayed in the same room both times - 2470.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app