Hard Rock Cafe Grand Cayman

WeRockChalkKU

How far is Hard Rock from tender port?

Walkable?

Thanks

Went there on a previous trip and it was only an easy 5 minute walk from the pier (off to the right on Church St). Just an FYI though, this location is no longer affiliated with the HRC franchise, so it may be a bit different than what you are used to getting at other HRC's, and if you are a HRC Rewards member, you won't earn points here for your visit.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks for all the info. A friend wants all the HRC tshirts they can get. I had no idea that there were HRC that were not a part of the franchise. Plus since Grand Cayman is a pricey island, I bet the tshirts will be expensive. Thanks again for your response.

We were there last month. It's more like a 10 min. To 15 min walk to the right of the tender port. You can actually see the sign on the top of the building from the port. There was also a restaurant so I did not realize it was not affiliated. Their stock was low in sept. But they said they would get a shipment soon.

My DH collects the t-shirts and he wanted a hat, which he got. The hats were BOGO so I got one too. Not as much selection and like I said, they were out of a lot of sizes.

Alas, the Hard Rock Cafe in George Town closed recently.

From the Caymanian Compass:

For now, the bar and restaurant are closed however, "{t}he T-shirt and souvenir shop remains open, to sell off the remaining inventory." Not sure how long that will take.

We actually asked about that in the shop since we had heard the same thing. They claimed not to be closing, said might move though. Guess time will tell. Glad we got our cayman stuff while we could.

Alas, the Hard Rock Cafe in George Town closed recently.

Not surprised at all. When the Corporation with the name brand equity (HRC in this case) removes your location from their corporate advertising and website (which happened earlier in the year) you had to know something was up.

• 2 weeks later...
Great. Anyone who is a Hard Rocker llike us will miss it, even though we only went to the shop to buy t-shirts.

Same here. My DH had my DD running all over Europe last spring to pick up shirts for him. She was in Spain for the semester and Whenever she wanted to do a weekend trip, normally 2 a month, he helped her decide locations based on HR shops.

So glad we got to the Caymans one before it closed.