Hotels for Barbados. (Barbados or AplMac)

mapsmith

Barbados or AplMac, some advice.

We are looking at a cruise that STARTS in Barbados. We usually like to arrive a day before our cruise. (Plane flights get in about 3PM) and the cruise leaves about 5.

Any suggestions for reasonable places to stay the night before the cruise?

Checked Booking dot com. Hotels dot com. etc. But not really sure about what places are decent and which are substandard. Looking for something in the $100-130 range.

Trip Advisor should help you find something suitable.

Checked Trip Advisor. They really don't have a lot of places rated. Since Barbados and AplMac both live/frequent Barbados, I thought I would post to see if anyone has actual experience with hotels in Bridgetown.

As you did not state when you will need the room, I am assuming it will be in our high season, December-February.

Very difficult to find rooms on the island in high season in your price range, however….

Perhaps you may want to look at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel:

http://www.coconut-court.com/accommodations

A number of years ago we had a group of overflow guests that booked this hotel for a week and were pleased.

It is not Sandy Lane by any means, but they tell me it is clean with a nice beach in a good area (Hastings, south coast) and it looks like it may be in your price range.

Perhaps Mr. AplMac may have some recent experience to share.

Let us know what you chose and how you liked it.

Best wishes for a grand holiday! :)

I used Hotwire and paid $115US and ended up getting the All Seasons - Europe for Jan 17th.

Hotwire lists it as a 3 star hotel. The reviews on Tripadvisor are all over the place. But for one night, I can handle just about anything. :-)

I'll be sure to come back and report after I get back..

(Last year I stayed at the Amaryllis. I liked it, but my wife didn't care for the mold she found in the A/C.

Aloha,

John

As you did not state when you will need the room, I am assuming it will be in our high season, December-February.

Very difficult to find rooms on the island in high season in your price range, however….

Perhaps you may want to look at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel:

http://www.coconut-court.com/accommodations

A number of years ago we had a group of overflow guests that booked this hotel for a week and were pleased.

It is not Sandy Lane by any means, but they tell me it is clean with a nice beach in a good area (Hastings, south coast) and it looks like it may be in your price range.

Perhaps Mr. AplMac may have some recent experience to share.

Let us know what you chose and how you liked it.

Best wishes for a grand holiday! :)

Thank you. Mid January. And just for the one night. (maybe a second after the cruise, too!) Beach is not that important. Getting a place that is not a dump is.

Will check out reviews of Coconut Court.

Archived