Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee

Almost Packed

WOW, what a great offering by CCL. It would appear that Carnival will now offer price protection on their excursions as well...a 110% OBC of the difference.

Terms & conditions from CCL website here... http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/RequestForms/bpgtandc%20pdf.ashx

Sounds pretty good to me. Is this brand new or have I just been blind and deaf and missed this?

I think this is great. Of course, it all depends on how Carnival handles any claims. I'm curious to hear of everyone's experience.

Is SOUNDS good but there are a lot of requirements to meet for the guarantee to apply. I know that with all the excursions I have researched in the past the ones offered by CCL are rarely EXACTLY the same as the ones you book yourself. I personally have never seen even one.

We'll see how this works. I was looking at a shore excursion for an upcoming cruise and I found the company that Carnival uses and they will only let you book through Carnival if you are on a cruise, but if you are independent, then the excursion is $20 less per person. I will book it through Carnival and then file the claim form. We'll see what they do.

My guess is VERY claims will get made or paid. Even if you go to the source of the tour to book directly and compare prices, it would not be IDENTICAL in terms of transportation and times. For example, cheaper to book Dolphin experience directly with Chankanaab in Cozumel than with carnival but since carnival includes transport in their excursion! you would not be able to get OBC.

Archived