Oh ladies why I love winter cruising!

LHC

Went yesterday to our local Kohl's dept store. Christmas music playing, full out decorated and people shopping for Christmas except me. I am at 80% off racks and got 2 day shirts, 2 prs of Bermuda shorts and one dressy shirt for 42.00. Plan on hitting more stores today.

Linda

Went yesterday to our local Kohl's dept store. Christmas music playing, full out decorated and people shopping for Christmas except me. I am at 80% off racks and got 2 day shirts, 2 prs of Bermuda shorts and one dressy shirt for 42.00. Plan on hitting more stores today.

Linda

You go, girl! I love those "off season" bargains - especially just before you're ready to sail away to warmer climates!

Today went to Belks only to the 70/80 percent off. Even found a sparkling red sweater with short sleeves for Christmas and a green one for NYE! There is something to say for thinking warm......

Linda

Speaking of clothes, it was interesting to see how differently people dress on a European/TA cruise than a Caribbean cruise. Luckily, I figured that would be the case so was prepared...except that I had all cropped pants...no long slacks. In more subtle colors than I wear in the Caribbean and just plain 3/4 sleeve t's. It worked out better for me...all the t-shirts went with the three pair of cropped I brought...two in dark brown and one khaki. And a khaki cable knit cotton cardigan from LL Bean that went with everything. Then khaki linen for smart casual and my usual black travel knits to mix and match. I loved simplifying and bringing few choices!

Speaking of clothes, it was interesting to see how differently people dress on a European/TA cruise than a Caribbean cruise. Luckily, I figured that would be the case so was prepared...except that I had all cropped pants...no long slacks. In more subtle colors than I wear in the Caribbean and just plain 3/4 sleeve t's. It worked out better for me...all the t-shirts went with the three pair of cropped I brought...two in dark brown and one khaki. And a khaki cable knit cotton cardigan from LL Bean that went with everything. Then khaki linen for smart casual and my usual black travel knits to mix and match. I loved simplifying and bringing few choices!

Sheila, really, that's all you brought? Did you send the pants to the laundry and did they not shrink? Not sure that's a sentence, but you get the point.

Sheila, really, that's all you brought? Did you send the pants to the laundry and did they not shrink? Not sure that's a sentence, but you get the point.

LOL, Carol...it is all that I brought! I knew I would want to shop in all those fabulous ports, so I basically traveled light to save room for purchases. Two Fresh Produce capris...khaki and dark brown... dark brown knit capris, & a pair of linen capris, and my black travel knits. I bought two pashimas in Florence and wore them with my travel knits for formal night...plus only one formal night jacket. And two or three dressier tops for smart casual nights; and then a few t-shirts with 3/4 sleeves to mix with the bottoms. And that's it. My suitcase weighed 35 lbs. The carry on weighed 10. Coming back was a different story! ;)

I have all the clothes I need for my winter cruise. I just need to get back into them again.

Oh, I am right there with you. Dieting is so boring and so much harder as I get older. It will be worth it... It will be worth it...

I like summer clothes. The colors are so much more fun than winter clothes. Happy shopping!

I sent everything to the laundry, Carol. Everything came back perfectly...I didn't sign up for pressing but I swear they look like they have been. One new top came back with a very small spot that looks like a bleach mark but that's all....but it's not too noticeable.

Thanks, Sheila. Since we're flying US Air to use up the refund for the Barcelona tickets we didn't use, they charge $25 for the first bag pp and then $35 for the next. I'd like to keep it down to one bag each and one carry on each.

I love the sales at Macys too. They have another one this Friday/Saturday. I love the coupon $10. off $25. Then, I go to the sales rack and look for lots of bargains for my winter Caribbean cruises. I have a whole closet full of "Cruise Clothes". I was also just at Kohl's with my 30% off and got some shorts for $3. and $4. Was just at JCP last night and got a cute little dress for $1.97, and DH got 2 pr shorts for .97 each!

Debbie,

Wish we had a Macys close. But Knoxville is not that lucky! Have to travel to see Bloomingdales or macys. I find I am much bolder when I cruise. I like dressing for dinner and using more make up and costume jewelry.

Linda

Archived