Marina toiletries

sjde

Thanks.

But for some reason on cruise ships they don't have an outlet in the bathroom for a hair/blow dryer or curling iron.

Yes they have one but says for shavers only ...:confused::confused:

Plugs are right there at the desk. I take over the 'desk' as a dressing table for myself. In the center drawer I lay out two wash cloths and spread out all my costume jewelry for easy access. I do final touches to my make up and blow dry my hair while hubby is in the bathroom. Maids seem to realize and they don't touch anything except to re-wind the cord on the blow dryer. I find the ones in cabins quite good. All aboard Nov 20th...can't wait!

If you dropped the electrical device in the sink with water you could be electrocuted. To prevent any chance of that happening there are no outlets for hair dryers etc in the bathroom. You also are not supposed to use an iron in the staterooms because of the danger of fire from the hot iron. The cruise lines are worried about accidents, especially with people consuming alcohol, the elderly passenger component, and the ship sometimes rocking in rough water and people losing balance.

I know shampoo is provided but what about conditioner?

Are the outlets like in the U.S. for my curling iron?

We were in a concierge balcony cabin and there was shampoo and body lotion but no conditioner. And there were no outlets in the bathroom. I tried to use the night light plug for the hair dryer but it wouldn't work.

I'm not surprised that the night light couldn't handle a hair dryer because the power requirements are quite different.

As to the lack of conditioner, I'm surprised you didn't have any because while we're usually in PH cabinsm we *were*in a concierge (A3) on our Norway cruise 3 years ago and definitely had conditioner available.

You shouldn't have to book a top suite to get conditioner, that's for sure. I'm just wondering if your room steward(ess) wasn't remiss.

Mura

We were in a concierge balcony cabin and there was shampoo and body lotion but no conditioner. And there were no outlets in the bathroom. I tried to use the night light plug for the hair dryer but it wouldn't work.

We've had conditioner, along with shampoo, shower gel and lotion on every O cruise since 2006, regardless of the cabin category. There is a difference between category A (concierge) and above, and all those below...The concierge and suite cabins get Bulgari toiletries, while those in category B and below get unbranded toiletries that are very nice. While we love the Bulgari, we wouldn't upgrade just for that reason.

If you ever get in the same situation, mention it to your room attendant. We have always been immediately resupplied whenever we place one of the containers in the shower, often with all four products.

Archived