Pisco and Nasca Lines

vickie_bernie

We are in Pisco for the entire day and I know this is the port to see the Nazca lines. I was hoping the ship would put together a tour but as of yet they have not. How feasible is it to do this tour independently?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by vickie_bernie

We did a private tour out of Pisco that included the Nazca lines and Ballestas Island in April 2012.

Ballestas Island cruise was fantastic.

The flight over the Nazca lines was very interesting. Normally I don't have a problem flying but I must admit I was not feeling great during the second half of the trip. So if you have any issues with motion sickness beware. I don't usually have a problem either in the air or on water but this time I did. It was a very small plane that we had to board 1 at a time in the exact order according to our seats on the plane. The seating was determined by each person's weight. Unfortunately if you are unlucky as I was to be stuck in the middle, your view of the lines are more limited.

I was very unimpressed with our tour guide in Pisco so I can't recommend him to you. It was the same company we used in Lima and they were fantastic there but the guy who handled our tour in Pisco was bad.

Bottom line is I think you can do it on your own just do your research. You certainly have plenty of time to do it.

We did a private tour out of Pisco that included the Nazca lines and Ballestas Island in April 2012.

Ballestas Island cruise was fantastic.

The flight over the Nazca lines was very interesting. Normally I don't have a problem flying but I must admit I was not feeling great during the second half of the trip. So if you have any issues with motion sickness beware. I don't usually have a problem either in the air or on water but this time I did. It was a very small plane that we had to board 1 at a time in the exact order according to our seats on the plane. The seating was determined by each person's weight. Unfortunately if you are unlucky as I was to be stuck in the middle, your view of the lines are more limited.

I was very unimpressed with our tour guide in Pisco so I can't recommend him to you. It was the same company we used in Lima and they were fantastic there but the guy who handled our tour in Pisco was bad.

Bottom line is I think you can do it on your own just do your research. You certainly have plenty of time to do it.

thank you so much. I have contacted two companies and hope to hear back.

thought I would share what I heard:

got a message back from Aeriando airline here is the email copied for those that may be interested:

The Overflight from Pisco is USD 218.00 USD x Passenger, 1 hour 30'minutes-

(The flybys are from 10:00 am)

Airport tax not included are S /. 25.00 soles from Nazca and $ 3.91 dollars from Pisco.

Payment is in cash and the Hour of overfly is given one day before

The capacity of each plane are 12 passengers

Any questions please send me one email

Saludos!!

Piero De Tramontana | Agente de Reservas

Casimiro Ulloa 227 - San Antonio – Miraflores 444-3075

RPC: 961-729972 Nextel: 146*27

mcamacho@aerodiana.com.pe

here is another company I heard back from:

TOUR DESCRIPTIONS:

I have attached one tentative itinerary and the detail information of that itinerary for your Nazca Lines tour.

GROUP TOURS:

All are Private Tours and you will have a professional private tour guide (English/Spanish). According to the final numbers of people of your group, you will be provided one of the following vehicle:

VAN: (have a capacity of up to 11 passengers, air conditioned, fully equipped) – If you are 7 people or less

MINIBUS: (have a capacity of up to 28 passengers, air conditioned, fully equipped and bathroom inside) – If you are between 8 and 26 people.

BUS: (have a capacity of up to 48 passengers, air conditioned, fully equipped and bathroom inside) – If you are more than 27 people.

I attach a photo of each vehicle.

NUMBER OF PEOPLE REQUIRED:

The minimum number of people required for this tours is of 2 people. It´s important to know that the price of each tour depends on the number of people who will take the tour with you. Therefore, the rates would reduce if you were more people.

The rates are in American dollars (per person).

March Day 24th General San Martin (Pisco Port), Peru

Departure: 08:30 am. (From San Martin Port)

Arrival: 01:30 pm. (To San Martin Port)

Duration: 5 hours

Tour: "The grand tour of Pisco: Overflight the Nazca Lines”

Included Services: Private Transportation; English/Spanish Tour guide; All admission tickets.

Prices (Per person): US$ 375.

COLLECTION & RETURN TO YOUR CRUISE SHIP (SAN MARTIN PORT):

You will be picked up and return to the port. The price of the tour includes all fees to enter the San Martin Port. We will enter to the dock area because have all necessary documents for the permission. We will meet you on the dock on 24th March 2014 and also will be there 15 minutes before your departure, it means at 07:45 am. Besides, I will have a sign: “PERU INCA WONDERS” and also with your name: “Miss Vickie Bowne”. Besides, you will be picked up next to the ship so no walking.

PAYMENT:

We would need a 100% prepayment for this tour.

IMPORTANT:

Our company operates in the four ports of Peru and they are:

- Salaverry Port (Trujillo)

- Callao Port (Lima)

- San Martin Port (Pisco-Ica)

- Matarani Port (Arequipa)

Are you going to stop in any of these ports? Would you like some information for tours in these places? Please just let me know.

I hope this information is helpful for and please, don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or comments, it is a pleasure to assist you in anything you may need.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Paul Cusinga

Travel Consultant

Lima - Peru

Office Phone : (51-1) 2102963

Mobile Phone: (51-1) 946208318 (24 hours available)

Email : info@peruincawonders.com

• 6 months later...