Bernards Tour #1 or Tour #2

PeanutBudder

We did #2 earlier this year and definitely recommend it. The beach time at Orient Beach is well worthwhile if you haven't visited previously.

The only thing is that you might encounter an occasional topless beach goer. If this would pose a problem for your family, go with #1.

We did #2 earlier this year and definitely recommend it. The beach time at Orient Beach is well worthwhile if you haven't visited previously.

The only thing is that you might encounter an occasional topless beach goer. If this would pose a problem for your family, go with #1.

Hello F,

Hoping you can help. I just booked #2 but our ship, The Westerdam, is only in port from 8 to 3. Got an email from Bernard's saying to meet at 8:30. Wondering if this tour will be to tight and if I'll just be worried the whole time about making it back to the ship on time. What was your ship's schedule and do you think I should switch to tour #1?

Thank you,

Andrea

Hello F,

Hoping you can help. I just booked #2 but our ship, The Westerdam, is only in port from 8 to 3. Got an email from Bernard's saying to meet at 8:30. Wondering if this tour will be to tight and if I'll just be worried the whole time about making it back to the ship on time. What was your ship's schedule and do you think I should switch to tour #1?

Thank you,

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

If there are enough passengers from the Westerdam to fill a van, I'm sure that Bernard's Tours can tighten up the schedule a bit to accommodate your early departure. On our tour, we had a 5:00pm departure, but we lost at least 1/2 hour to a flat tire and more time to an accident that made the crazy traffic there even worse than normal, so I'm confident that they can do it for you.

If you are sharing a van with passengers from other ships with later departures, they may not be willing to return early. It appears that the Celebrity Reflection and the Norwegian Sun will both be in port with you that day, and both ships have a 5:00pm departure time, so that could pose a problem.

Your best bet might be to try to arrange a group through your roll call. If you can get a full van, Bernard's Tours should be able to get you all back in plenty of time.

If all else fails, write to them and see what they can do for you. They are very helpful and will do their best to make you a happy customer. In the end, you might need to switch to a #1 tour, but try the other alternatives first.

Good luck!

Hi Andrea,

If there are enough passengers from the Westerdam to fill a van, I'm sure that Bernard's Tours can tighten up the schedule a bit to accommodate your early departure. On our tour, we had a 5:00pm departure, but we lost at least 1/2 hour to a flat tire and more time to an accident that made the crazy traffic there even worse than normal, so I'm confident that they can do it for you.

If you are sharing a van with passengers from other ships with later departures, they may not be willing to return early. It appears that the Celebrity Reflection and the Norwegian Sun will both be in port with you that day, and both ships have a 5:00pm departure time, so that could pose a problem.

Your best bet might be to try to arrange a group through your roll call. If you can get a full van, Bernard's Tours should be able to get you all back in plenty of time.

If all else fails, write to them and see what they can do for you. They are very helpful and will do their best to make you a happy customer. In the end, you might need to switch to a #1 tour, but try the other alternatives first.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! Appreciate your help and time. I tried to get a group together for a private tour a week ago but no takers :(

Thinking we might visit orient in the morning and take a taxi for an early lunch in Marigot then head back to the ship. My Mom wasn't excited about seeing the planes even though my company is owned by Air France.

Thanks again!

Andrea

Archived