Royal suites on Solstice Class

tgetz

We have stayed in many royal suites on Millennium class but not on the Solstice Class ships yet. Is there plenty of Hanging space and are there plenty of shelves or drawers? I have several things I can pack on hangers, or fold for drawers and trying to decide which way to go. Jus t got off an M class ship in the penthouse and I had forgotten how many closets they have and relatively few drawers. Thanks for any help.

We have stayed in many royal suites on Millennium class but not on the Solstice Class ships yet. Is there plenty of Hanging space and are there plenty of shelves or drawers? I have several things I can pack on hangers, or fold for drawers and trying to decide which way to go. Jus t got off an M class ship in the penthouse and I had forgotten how many closets they have and relatively few drawers. Thanks for any help.

Sorry, cannot answer about the RS as our one time on a S-Class ship was in a PH which had plenty of both hanging and drawer space. There was a chest of drawers [dresser?] in the bedroom walk-in wardrobe with 5 [i think] very wide drawers as well a floor to ceiling unit with open shelves. There was also about 5 foot of full height hanging rail [half of which could be converted into two half height rails]. In the sitting room there was a guest wardbobe - one side hanging rail, the other half drawers with shelf above. Not sure how the RS compares.

I was interested in your comment about the lack of drawer space in a M-Class PH. Our next cruise is a B2B on Connie and we are having to switch between PHs on turnaround day. It is our first PH on an M-class so, although I have seen one, I cannot recall the wardrobe arrangement. As I believe the hanging items can be moved on rails but I will need to pack up the items from drawers, it would be good to know how much hanging space there is. [The more we can hang, the less I have to pack up for the move!] Can you estimate how much hanging space there is, please?

Sue

Sorry, cannot answer about the RS as our one time on a S-Class ship was in a PH which had plenty of both hanging and drawer space. There was a chest of drawers [dresser?] in the bedroom walk-in wardrobe with 5 [i think] very wide drawers as well a floor to ceiling unit with open shelves. There was also about 5 foot of full height hanging rail [half of which could be converted into two half height rails]. In the sitting room there was a guest wardbobe - one side hanging rail, the other half drawers with shelf above. Not sure how the RS compares.

I was interested in your comment about the lack of drawer space in a M-Class PH. Our next cruise is a B2B on Connie and we are having to switch between PHs on turnaround day. It is our first PH on an M-class so, although I have seen one, I cannot recall the wardrobe arrangement. As I believe the hanging items can be moved on rails but I will need to pack up the items from drawers, it would be good to know how much hanging space there is. [The more we can hang, the less I have to pack up for the move!] Can you estimate how much hanging space there is, please?

Sue

We have a friend who does this often...she organizes everything in the drawers in large zip clear bags and then on turn around zips them up and they move easily! I believe wal-mart has top zip bags that fit nicely in to drawers...

Project gal, there is one walk in closet with about 5 feet of hang up space in the bedroom, then another probably 5 feet in the dressing room and there are two more closets in the hall each about 3 feet wide. we put our suitcases in there this time. BUt not a lot of drawers. There are shelves in the dressing area around the safe . Nice drawers in the dressing area for make up and plenty of space behind the mirrors on either side of the counter. for some reason this last trip I had a lot of folded, and was surprised at how little drawer space there was. it had been a while since we did a penthouse on an M class. The shelves in the dressing area were fairly dark- not lighted very well, but there was room. Hope this helps

Project gal, there is one walk in closet with about 5 feet of hang up space in the bedroom, then another probably 5 feet in the dressing room and there are two more closets in the hall each about 3 feet wide. we put our suitcases in there this time. BUt not a lot of drawers. There are shelves in the dressing area around the safe . Nice drawers in the dressing area for make up and plenty of space behind the mirrors on either side of the counter. for some reason this last trip I had a lot of folded, and was surprised at how little drawer space there was. it had been a while since we did a penthouse on an M class. The shelves in the dressing area were fairly dark- not lighted very well, but there was room. Hope this helps

Many thanks. That helps a lot. We often end up having to fold our shirts and blouses but, this time, it sounds as if we will be able to hang those and, incidentally, make the suite move easier.

Hope you got the info you needed about the S-Class RS.

Sue

Excellent question. We were wondering the same thing as we will be across the Library from you in #1612 on the Adriatic cruise in a couple of weeks! Look forward to meeting you on board.

Mike and Mary

Archived