Lobster on Canada/NE cruises

warmwinds

FRMPEI, I believe the restaurant in Rustico is correct (I looked at the pictures on their website), but as far as the church supper - I have NO idea. I seem to recall that they all did them on different days of the week, so who knows what day we were there?

Anyway, as far as Prince & Water goes, I could care less what "celebrities" go where...would that be the best place to get mussels + lobster + and be open for lunch + in Charlottetown?

Canadian lobster is just lobster that fled from Maine because of Obamacare. :D

Wrong. Maine lobster are just lobsters that came down from Canada because they wanted guns.

Serious question that maybe can be answered by someone from "lobster country". Every time these lobster threads come up, people talk about the nights they had warm water lobster tail, and compare with some other time when they (think) they had Maine lobster tail. Its always been my understanding that in restaurants, and on ships, that lobster served as a tail is almost always from a clawless lobster, either warm-water or South African cold water, and that the Atlantic clawed lobsters are almost always served whole, to take advantage of all the meat not in the tail. i.e., if you actually know your lobsters, are real Atlantic lobsters often seen on ships as just as tails?

This is an informative thread. Thanks for all the comments.

A New England/Canada cruise is on my sisters' radar. I didn't think you would see much of the "color" on this type. Maybe a bus tour would be better. How did you all enjoy the ships' tour options? Was it worth it?

The lobster on the ship is the same as on most cruises.

Not certain about Celebrity, but on a Royal cruise to New England/Canada a couple of years ago they DID bring live Maine lobsters on board in Portland I think. However, they were ONLY available at a specialty restaurant (Chops) where you pay a surcharge. If sister company Royal, brings them on, I would guess that Celebrity does likewise, but also likewise, probably only serves them in limited quantity in a specialty restaurant. In the MDR, you'll get same old, same old.

Wrong. Maine lobster are just lobsters that came down from Canada because they wanted guns.

OK so maybe they went back to Canada after Obamacare and left their guns behind. LOL! :D

Sent from my Bat Phone