Price Drop if category sold out?

We are booked as a "group booking" through a travel agent the Navigator for spring break.

I read somewhere that if you are booked as part of a "group booking" through a travel agent then you can not get price drops or adjustments in pricing. Is this true?

Also, our category of family ocean view is sold out for the sailing....does this mean we can't get price adjustments also? If so then it really doesn't matter if I am booked as part of a "group booking".

We are booked as a "group booking" through a travel agent the Navigator for spring break.

I read somewhere that if you are booked as part of a "group booking" through a travel agent then you can not get price drops or adjustments in pricing. Is this true?

Also, our category of family ocean view is sold out for the sailing....does this mean we can't get price adjustments also? If so then it really doesn't matter if I am booked as part of a "group booking".

not true I got 2 price adjustments on my last group booking cruise what you do lose out on is the refer a friend promo rc offers because you are in a group booking

You can't get a price drop on a category that has no price.

Huh????

Excuse me sir, Can i get a better price on those jeans since your sold out of them???

I have noticed in the past that when a category shows sold out on Royal Caribbeans website, that is not really always true. I've gone onto these travel agent cruise websites and have found staterooms that according to Royal Caribbeans website are sold out. Obviously these cabins were bought in bulk by these travel agencies. What happens to these cabins if they don't get sold by a specific date? Will Royal Caribbean buy them back at a discount or do these TA's just end up eating them? Thanks in advance.

I have noticed in the past that when a category shows sold out on Royal Caribbeans website, that is not really always true. I've gone onto these travel agent cruise websites and have found staterooms that according to Royal Caribbeans website are sold out. Obviously these cabins were bought in bulk by these travel agencies. What happens to these cabins if they don't get sold by a specific date? Will Royal Caribbean buy them back at a discount or do these TA's just end up eating them? Thanks in advance.

they go back into RCL's inventory if not sold by final payment date.

If the RCI web site shows no availability for a specific category, then this is the truth - there are no cabins in that category that can be booked through RCI. If a TA is showing availability in that category, it is because the "bought" or "booked" those Rooms, and I would imagine that they can only be booked through the TA.

If the TA does sell these rooms before final payment, I would imagine that they just cancel their booking, and thus it falls back into RCI's open inventory (just as it would if a person canceled their booking). I noticed on our last cruise that a day or two before final payment, several suite categories suddenly popped up as available. None were discounted...lol. They may have been after final payment, but I couldn't bring myself to look...

Obviously these cabins were bought in bulk by these travel agencies. What happens to these cabins if they don't get sold by a specific date? Will Royal Caribbean buy them back at a discount or do these TA's just end up eating them? Thanks in advance.

Travel agencies do not buy the cabins. They put them on hold based on the volume they believe they can sell in a large group booking. When you book with the TA you don't even know you are part of a group.

At certain dates in the booking period, the cruise line will call the TA and request a certain number of cabins be released so they can be sold by the line since they are not being sold by the TA. Prior the final payment, all unsold TA cabins are returned to the line.

Archived