The Baths - are taxis readily available?

aussie_nsw

Hi all

If anyone has been recently to The Baths BVI are taxis readily available near the tender point and back to the ship from The Baths? Tossing up whether to do ship tour of drop off & pickup or do it on our own as we are a party of six. Thanks in advance.

Caroline

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The day we were there we left early cause the place was packed. Its a bit of a walk to get to the beach area...very uneven tight terrain...kinda one way in and one way out...with all the people there the day we visited, we decided 30 mins was enough

Around what time of day was that?

Our January Oceania cruise visits Tortula one day this coming January. I will not pay Oceania's ridiculous shore excursion prices (($95 per person for a four-hour excursion to The Baths), so plan to take the public ferry to and from Virgin Gorda, necessitating two taxi rides as well.

Husband has a bad knee; how difficult and uneven is the climb down and up from the taxi dropoff point?

Based on this thread, I wonder if it is worth all the trouble or should we just go to one of the Tortola beaches?

We were there late morning...a bunch of cruise ship passengers came over from another island. The walk down the path is very narrow, uneven, and required a lot of bending around rocks. It is also kinda slippery. It was worth a few pictures in our opinion and nothing more.

I thought the Baths was beautiful. I would go early. Here is a video . I did not watch the whole video but it seems great.

Agree about early. Looks like that video was shot early on in the day, with a lovely morning light and not many people around. At high noon with a constant flow of cruise pax, it wouldn't be the same.

Archived