CCD - Cancelled Cruise Depression

It's not clear why you can't go anyway? Just because one person in a group can't go, doesn't mean the rest have to stay home. Or you can rebook a cruise for a time when everyone can go.

I was sort of wondering the same thing. My son just got a new job and doesn't have time to go on a cruise this month. I'm still going though (so is my Mom and StepDad). I wish he was going, but understand his situation (I will miss him). In reality, he would probably feel bad if didn't go. He knows how much I love cruising and wouldn't want to be the reason why I didn't go.

I thought that Christie explained it pretty well.

Hey Christie, I haven't seen you around here a lot lately. It isn't like the days on the first, and best, "Explorer Thread".

I have been thinking about cancelling our upcoming Allure cruise because of the ship's propulsion issues. After reading this thread I may rethink that. Now I picture the sail date approaching and, instead of packing suitcases, me sitting here posting on CC about how upsetting it is!

Been there many times my girl...depressing, but cheer up, there WILL BE another! So sorry this one didn't pan out.

Our worst cancelations were the TA, Alaska and then Oasis her maiden year. We will finally get on Allure just this next year...6 years later! HA!

You should be glad the reason for your cruise to be cancelled had to be because of a job change and nothing more serious. I had to cancel a cruise 4 years ago because my husband had an accident at work and passed away that same night.

Just be glad for your health and that you'll still have the chance to take another one next year.

I thought that Christie explained it pretty well.

I'm guessing that you didn't read my posts a few down (Post #16) from the one you referenced (Post #11), where I explained myself and apologized for missing her explanation.

I'm guessing that you didn't read my posts a few down (Post #16) from the one you referenced (Post #11), where I explained myself and apologized for missing her explanation.

No I didn't see that post. But I just read it now and it was very nice.

Hey Christie, I haven't seen you around here a lot lately. It isn't like the days on the first, and best, "Explorer Thread".

I have been thinking about cancelling our upcoming Allure cruise because of the ship's propulsion issues. After reading this thread I may rethink that. Now I picture the sail date approaching and, instead of packing suitcases, me sitting here posting on CC about how upsetting it is!

I know OB...one of my favorite threads....and of course the Adventure thread...Christie started one of the most read threads on cc....

P.S. Or you could always head north to visit your aunt; I hear she's pretty nice and a lot of fun

That's not what I heard :p

I didn't realize you underwent multiple surgeries! Wishing you good health and many more cruises in your future!!! FYI - I cancelled my Freedom cruise last November for similar reasons......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Robyn :) All is good now!

Hi Christie,

Experiencing the exact same, right now..

Stacey~

(surprised you didnt see it on fb, lol)

I've been behind on a lot of things, Stacey lol. I'll have to check it out on my break!

And if you decide to watch sail-away, I fear you will seal your fate.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal!! And I think you're totally right about watching sailaway. It's not gonna happen!!! lol

I'm going to have to cancel a cruise on Monday. DH tripped last Wednesday while jogging. At first they said a total hip replacement. Then they had to back off from that because he had a stent inserted in July and the medicine to acclimate it to his body needs anywhere from 6-12 months to work. If he has surgery that involves a lot of blood, then there is a 40% chance he would have a clot get into it and a fatal heart attack on the table.

Oh wow. I wish you the best, Tucker!!! I hope everything works out and he gets better soon!

So, my advice is to go to Zumba, treat yourself to a massage, and pour yourself your favorite tropical drink, and toast your future cruise that is being planned for next year.

I may just very well do that. My boss asked me to do a training seminar on the 14th, the day we were supposed to leave. I told him I'd let him know today. My answer is gonna be No. I am going to go to Zumba, probably get a massage, and spend the day either down on the boardwalk here in NJ viewing the gorgeous ocean, or if it's bad weather, I'm going to do in-depth research into my Quantum cruise, by suggestion of the other cruisers. :D

Christie, I feel your pain! We were supposed to be on the Explorer TODAY, but had to cancel a week before final payment due to my husband's job. Then it turned out after we rescheduled for December that the reason we cancelled didn't exist anymore. At that point we couldn't switch back because of the price increase since our original booking.

Ugh...so you know exactly how I'm feeling these days lol. I'm glad you got to reschedule though :)

Hey OB! It's been a h*ll of a year for me. Many surgeries and also dealing with other family members' medical issues as well. That's why I was so looking forward to this cruise, and why it's so overly disappointing for me. But I just installed the CC app on my iPad so hopefully I can join in a little more from here on in :o And yes, the days of the original Explorer thread were the best!!! I can't believe I won't be able to say goodbye to her :(

You should be glad the reason for your cruise to be cancelled had to be because of a job change and nothing more serious. I had to cancel a cruise 4 years ago because my husband had an accident at work and passed away that same night.

Just be glad for your health and that you'll still have the chance to take another one next year.

:eek: Lauren I am SO sorry to hear this!! How horrible. I hope you are doing alright. Believe me, I am VERY glad for my health, especially from the things I've gone through the past year and a half. I just really needed this vacation. But, obviously things could be worse. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. :(

And as for everyone else's suggestions, thank you! I'm going to make the most of that day and just start planning for Quantum next year.

I was scheduled to go on that sailing as well, and had to cancel, because I got cruise happy on RCL online when I booked it I also booked one for Jan 2013. 2 months after the Janaury sailing I found out my job was at risk. Very disappointing for me as my entire family is scheduled to be on that sailing for a family reunion. I had almost forgotten about it until a 'dear' cousin reminded me of it a few weeks ago. Now after reading this post I am tormented. I do find comfort in the fact that I have another one scheduled with just the immediate family for March 2014. I agree with one of the previous poster sometimes having another upcoming one can make up for the loss you feel...

I had to cancel a cruise last year that I rebooked and went on this year! I was really upset about having to cancel, but things came up that I had to do it! I just hung in there and it was long but it finnally came up and I had a great time. CC helped me get through the year! :cool:

You can always simulate a cruise evening:

- Heat up a room

- turn on a fan for a breeze

- Play reggae music

- Make a few frozen drinks

- invite a few friends to join you for your "mock cruise"

I would definitely do something nice for yourself that day. Go to your Zumba class, then have something FUN planned for the rest of the day, even a few small fun things. Taking a ride to AC sounds good! When I lived in NJ I used to go there to walk the boardwalk and get a bite at the HRC. :cool:

Then maybe go to a movie that night, or plan a girls' night, or something. Treat yourself to some flowers, a nice bottle of wine, just something to console yourself with.

Sounds like a lot of great ideas! Isn't it wonderful to have somewhere that we can VENT about our "first-world" problems and be understood?:D It really is a mental health issue for me! I work very hard, and long hours and cherish my vacation time! ;)

[quote name='CruisinYaya']Sounds like a lot of great ideas! Isn't it wonderful to have somewhere that we can VENT about our "first-world" problems and be understood?:D It really is a mental health issue for me! I work very hard, and long hours and cherish my vacation time! ;)[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrchid]
My thoughts exactly! TOTALLY a first-world problem lol. But that doesn't minimize the fact of losing a vacation that was completely mentally needed. It's not about the luxury of it, it's about getting away for me, and giving myself a much-needed break from everyday life. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Alright, I made a decision :D I took the day off from work, and my daughter and I are going to Zumba, weight training, then off to a nice lunch, and then I booked us both massages after that! I feel a little better now lol :p[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='ChristieNJ'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Alright, I made a decision :D I took the day off from work, and my daughter and I are going to Zumba, weight training, then off to a nice lunch,[COLOR="Red"] and then I booked us both massages after that! [/COLOR] I feel a little better now lol :p[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I though you were going to say ... I book us both on a cruise.:D

When I am really sad because I can not go somewhere or do something, I find it best for be to distance myself from it. Maybe you should do one of the other things you enjoy and stay away from anything that has to do with cruising until the Explorer comes back from the trip you were suppose to take. That would including not talking about it, no cruising website, no brochures - nothing. Then come back and just look forward to your QOS cruise. Hopefully we will hear more about Quantum during Thanksgiving. Edited by Irene7

[quote name='Ocean Boy']I though you were going to say ... I book us both on a cruise.:D[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrchid]IN MY DREAMS!!!!

Although...last night my husband and I were looking at some Explorer cruises early 2014. But I think he wants to fly to FL to go on a warmer cruise. Blah. I WANT EXPLORER!!!!!! :p[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Irene7']When I am really sad because I can not go somewhere or do something, I find it best for be to distance myself from it. Maybe you should do one of the other things you enjoy and stay away from anything that has to do with cruising until the Explorer comes back from the trip you were suppose to take. That would including not talking about it, no cruising website, no brochures - nothing. Then come back and just look forward to your QOS cruise. Hopefully we will hear more about Quantum during Thanksgiving.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrchid]
Irene, you hit the nail on the head! I am NOT going to check the webcam that day. I'm going to enjoy the day with my daughter and NOT think about it (or TRY not to lol) at all and just stay busy having a fun day :) Great suggestions![/COLOR][/FONT]