Change of plans

Due to family illness, we have had to cancel our TA in April.

We are bringing our holiday forward and going in 3 weeks instead, so prepare yourself for an avalanche of questions as we haven't been to the Caribbean before ;)

Welcome aboard! We're travelling on the Dream in 3 weeks time too! Our 3rd time to the Caribbean, and with Thomson's!

There's a roll call on the Thomson Roll Call Forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1868750&goto=newpost

Pop over, say hi, and ask away!

Baggers

Welcome aboard! We're travelling on the Dream in 3 weeks time too! Our 3rd time to the Caribbean, and with Thomson's!

There's a roll call on the Thomson Roll Call Forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1868750&goto=newpost

Pop over, say hi, and ask away!

Baggers

Thanks, Baggers. You've made me feel welcome already :)

Will pop over later :cool:

Due to family illness, we have had to cancel our TA in April.

We are bringing our holiday forward and going in 3 weeks instead, so prepare yourself for an avalanche of questions as we haven't been to the Caribbean before ;)

Sorry to hear about the illness and best wishes hoping you get it sorted Nell:)

In the meantime have a great time in the Caribbean :D:D

Wow! How exciting Little Nell although I am very sorry about the circumstances which have necessitated your change of plans.

I'm sure you will enjoy the Caribbean - so different in terms of style of holiday, culture and weather! And a fab itinerary with interesting contrasts; the history and architecture of Havana to say nothing of the bars and music at nght. We actually berth in the old town so it couldn't be easier to get off and then the fab beaches........ so much to experience.

Welcome aboard! :D

Thanks, Kruzseeka. I am excited about the itinerary. It seems to have a great mix, with the faded grandeur of Havana, the Mayan site in Mexico and the wonderful Caribbean islands. I have been to Madeira a few times but my DH has only been once when the rain was so heavy we couldn't see out of the bus windows, so I am tempted to do the scenic tour which I did longer ago than I care to remember.

I have been enjoying reading the roll call this evening (although it will take me some time! ;)) and already have picked up some ideas of what to do when in port.

Are you taking your Caribbean outfits? I don't know how folks manage to fit everything in their luggage :eek: but it does sound like good fun (she googles Caribbean dresses!)

See you onboard :D

Nell, I'm sorry it's sad circumstances which have prompted your change of plans. However I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves anyway...............and with you and Kruzseeka on the same ship just think of all the inside information you'll be able to find out for us!;):)

Thanks, Kruzseeka. I am excited about the itinerary. It seems to have a great mix, with the faded grandeur of Havana, the Mayan site in Mexico and the wonderful Caribbean islands. I have been to Madeira a few times but my DH has only been once when the rain was so heavy we couldn't see out of the bus windows, so I am tempted to do the scenic tour which I did longer ago than I care to remember.

ii

I have been enjoying reading the roll call this evening (although it will take me some time! ;)) and already have picked up some ideas of what to do when in port.

Are you taking your Caribbean outfits? I don't know how folks manage to fit everything in their luggage :eek: but it does sound like good fun (she googles Caribbean dresses!)

See you onboard :D

No we've not taken Caribbean outfits before but will get a colourful shirt for dh at our first Caribbean stop - we always intend to but don't, so this year I'm going to remedy that! They have some good markets - allsellig the same sort of things but as you might imagine they're very colurful and distinctive - if you were teleported to a Caribbean market, you'd know where you were straight away!

For the first time ever, I've actually bought extra luggage allowance but still not sure if I'll get it all in!

Nell, I'm sorry it's sad circumstances which have prompted your change of plans. However I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves anyway...............and with you and Kruzseeka on the same ship just think of all the inside information you'll be able to find out for us!;):)

Thanks Happy V, I appreciate your sentiments.

The rest will be very welcome and with 6 days at sea crossing the Atlantic we will have no option but to take it easy :)

We will certainly be on the case for news :D

No we've not taken Caribbean outfits before but will get a colourful shirt for dh at our first Caribbean stop - we always intend to but don't, so this year I'm going to remedy that! They have some good markets - allsellig the same sort of things but as you might imagine they're very colurful and distinctive - if you were teleported to a Caribbean market, you'd know where you were straight away!

For the first time ever, I've actually bought extra luggage allowance but still not sure if I'll get it all in!

I think I have even persuaded Mr Nell to get a loud shirt ;)

The luggage situation does worry me but I am hoping, like last year, that I can have all of the extra 10kgs. Failing that, it will have to be fewer shoes and bags!

The luggage situation does worry me but I am hoping, like last year, that I can have all of the extra 10kgs. Failing that, it will have to be fewer shoes and bags!

Hi, Nell. It's been mentioned elsewhere that your main cases are not weighed on the way back from Barbados, therefore you could add an extra loud shirt or two..... bought in Cuba?

I'm hoping to get something in Barbados for our Sailaway. :D

do as ms magot does….get mr nell half a dozen caribbean shirts…they are very light and don’t need ironing can be rinsed out in the sink and are dry in 10 minutes….the perfect garment imo:cool::)

6 shirts & a dinner suit….and I’m good to go;)…..then ms magot gets to use the left over 15 kilos in my bag (for her essential handbags) :rolleyes:

do as ms magot does….get mr nell half a dozen caribbean shirts…they are very light and don’t need ironing can be rinsed out in the sink and are dry in 10 minutes….the perfect garment imo:cool::)

6 shirts & a dinner suit….and I’m good to go;)…..then ms magot gets to use the left over 15 kilos in my bag (for her essential handbags) :rolleyes:

..........just as it should be, a woman after my own heart.:D

Hi, Nell. It's been mentioned elsewhere that your main cases are not weighed on the way back from Barbados, therefore you could add an extra loud shirt or two..... bought in Cuba?

I'm hoping to get something in Barbados for our Sailaway. :D

Thanks for that, Jakanne, I'd forgotten about that. What a treat. No worries about being overweight!!!!!

Hi Little Nell

Sorry to read that you have had to change your plans and are now bringing the TA cruise forward. The itinerary looks great but I am not the best traveller and just about manage to do the trip out to the Caribbean but no way could I enjoy my cruise knowing I had a long flight home.:eek:

I hope you have a lovely time and I will think about you when we do the reverse crossing next April.:)

Thanks, Skioncruises.

I did mean to speak to you. It is such a shame you can't send personal messages on here.

We were so looking forward to our TA in April for the very reasons you give and I was looking forward to meeting up with you too. Maybe some time on a future cruise. My husband was particularly looking forward to the Azores, so we will just have to make a point of going there in the future on another cruise.

I am awful with jet lag but I will try to put it out of my mind as best I can. Maybe this time it won't be so bad as when I was rushing back to work. We are just happy to be having our holiday and have never been to the Caribbean before so it will be an exciting adventure.

Good luck :)