Help with a cabin on the Spirit.. C

rhinomike

Cabin numbers 11050 and 11052 on the Spirit. They are connecting balcony cabins. They look like a good location. They look to be right under the pool. Any issues with these rooms that I am not seeing? I just want to do a little homework. Any thoughts , suggestions, comments or concerns will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/spirit/decks/2/11#tab_detail

Cabin numbers 11050 and 11052 on the Spirit. They are connecting balcony cabins. They look like a good location. They look to be right under the pool. Any issues with these rooms that I am not seeing? I just want to do a little homework. Any thoughts , suggestions, comments or concerns will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/spirit/decks/2/11#tab_detail

We have had connecting balconies on the Spirit and as a family it was nice.

I did find this reference to Cabin 11050

NCL Spirit Balcony 11050: Adequate closet, the only table is covered up with a coffee maker, there is no refrigerator or mini bar. As all ships, the cabin had limited outlets, understandable if you research what electricity does to ships. The balcony light worked, of 8 cruises this is only the second outside light which worked! Bath arrangement was small toilet separated from sink by sliding glass door separated from show by same type glass door. Liked the arrangement. Beds were quite comfy. Lighting was adequate and convenient. TV location made controlling with remote difficult but did not spend much time watching TV

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cabinguru/deckplanreviews.cfm?ShipID=299&category=BC

Cabins on the Spirit have had fridges installed for about the last 18 months.

I have never sailed on deck11 as I always try for Deck 10 to ensure noise is minimal from above so cannot comment on that. Most of the balconies are connecting, we have found noise does travel through from the connecting cabin so probably great for a family.

Cabins on the Spirit have had fridges installed for about the last 18 months.

I have never sailed on deck11 as I always try for Deck 10 to ensure noise is minimal from above so cannot comment on that. Most of the balconies are connecting, we have found noise does travel through from the connecting cabin so probably great for a family.

Yeah. I am a little worried about the noise from the pool above. But I am guessing there won't be many people out there past 10pm.

The biggest problem we've found with these balconies is morning noise. The pool closes early enough in the evening so it's not a problem. However, about 5 am or so every morning, we heard chairs being dragged across the deck as the crew washed and set up the deck for the days use. Not too bad, but could wake up a light sleeper and it lasts about 30 minutes or so. Otherwise, great cabins.

Hi Rhinomike, were you able to get the six of you into two connecting balcony cabins then?

Thank you for asking......

I am not sure yet. The NCL supervisor has called me every other day as promised. He just hasn't had an answer yet. He said they have a plan. He said one room was open and they had contacted a TA in another country to see if the passengers in the other cabin would switch to a nearby balcony cabin. These are the only 2 rooms on the entire ship that connect for 6 people other than the suites.

So I don't have a definitive answer yet. So I haven't created a new thread and updated. But NCL is working on it and the me supervisor has been great. As soon as I get a firm outcome I will start a thread me update.

In the meantime I am doing my homework on these rooms so I am prepared this time.

Thanks again for remembering and asking.

I just looked at the Spirit deck 11 cabins, and I noticed that there is a cabin number 11090 that actually has a "+" sign on it, which means it holds 4 people. It connects to 11092, which holds two. I don't see any more connecting pairs like them. Are these the cabins that NCL is referring to? I thought you had said 11050 and 11052, which show that they hold 3 each (?). Hopefully they are looking at putting you in 11090 and 11092, because that would work perfectly.

I just looked at the Spirit deck 11 cabins, and I noticed that there is a cabin number 11090 that actually has a "+" sign on it, which means it holds 4 people. It connects to 11092, which holds two. I don't see any more connecting pairs like them. Are these the cabins that NCL is referring to? I thought you had said 11050 and 11052, which show that they hold 3 each (?). Hopefully they are looking at putting you in 11090 and 11092, because that would work perfectly.

To be honest I am not sure. They don't want to say too much until they are positive they have a resolution. I understand and respect that. I am just so happy they are working on something for me.

I am supposed to have an answer on Thursday.

The only options that I can see on the spirit is the 2 cabins that you mentioned and the ones that I mentioned. Yes the rooms that you mentioned would be better and perfect for us. But I would also be more than happy with the two cabins I mentioned.

Thank you or looking at the deck plans. To be honest I did a deck by deck room by room search and I missed those 2 connecting cabins. Thanks again for the help. It is greatly appreciated.

I also wanted to ask you what you paid for your suite/balcony room the week after my cruise. I paid $8k for the two inside cabins. To upgrade to the rooms that you have was double that ($16k). That is for 6 of us. I know there is only 5 of your group. Thank you.

I paid 16K for the five of us. And that was with my youngest daughter sailing for half price (a promotion they had last winter). So 16K for six of you seems like it could be a good deal (?). I know that doubling your cost is scary though. But you would get a lot of great suite perks, and more space for all of you, although I know that doesn't seem like much right now.

Archived