Wine tasting on Equinox

We're new to cruising, we'll be on the Equinox on February 21 st. We're from Province of Québec and so excited about this new experience. I'm on the cruise critic board every single day since I found you and I have learned SOOO much...Thanks a lot. :)

We really enjoy good wines and my DH would be interested in a wine tasting class, he would like to know how to enroll.

We also went on the roll call section, didn't find the way how to put our names on the list. :confused:

Sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm french speaking.

Can't wait to meet some of you!

Hello Du vent dans les voiles, I must say your English is far better than my non existent French, sorry we will not be sailing with you as we too enjoy our wine.

You do not sign up for the wine events until onboard. When you board you will find several tables, usually around the buffet, staffed by sommeliers who will be happy to sign you up. You can also sign up with your sommelier at dinner, or visit Cellar Masters upon boarding for a list of events and to sign up for any you are interested in. They will also be listed in the daily activity sheet and you can sign up on an event by event basis.

One not to be missed is the "Around the World Tasting". We've enjoyed the premium tasting on some ships but not so much on our last cruise. The wines were not premium in our opinion for the price they charged. The port tasting was also a good one.

They also offer a wine dinner, usually held in Tuscan grill, and may have a Chef's Table. Just ask once onboard.

Enjoy your cruise and wine.

Mary Lou

We enjoyed the tastings they had out on the lawn. For about an hour, you can visit each station (I think there were ten) and have a taste and retaste.

The one wine tasting Celebrity does that we did NOT enjoy was the Riedel tasting. OK, they don't call it a tasting really .. something like "experience" .. and be advised the emphasis is not on the wine. You will have tastes, of course, but there is a specific procedure of pouring from one glass to another and tasting the difference. If I recall correctly, there were only four tasting pours for whole thing, and it was $20 or so. They then want to sell you a set of four Riedel glasses for $87 plus shipping.

By comparison, the local wine store had a Riedel tasting with about eight generous pours for $50 and it included the same Riedel set.

Whether you believe the Riedel story or not (me .. I used to be skeptical, now I own Riedel), this tasting was a bit too structured and expensive for me.

When you board, go directly to Cellar Masters where they will have a number of wine tasting options. We really enjoy the International Wine Flight where you'll have the opportunately to taste wine from all over the world.

As opposed to the previous poster, we enjoyed the Reidel wine experience. We were amazed by how different a wine tasted depending on the type of glass used.

............. would be interested in a wine tasting class, he would like to know how to enroll.

You don't need to "enrol" before you travel. The wine tasting "events" will be published in each daily newsletter "Celebrity Today", and you can just turn up to those as and when you choose (when you can see what else they may clash with (dinner, shows, activities, etc)).

There will be a charge for each of them.

Cellar Masters may also have printed another separate list of alcohol/wine events, so when the barman is on duty you should ask. (Cellar Masters have a barman on duty from 5pm).

Also, Cellar Masters has Enomatic Wine Machines (self-dispensing mouthful/ measure of a few (about 4?) changing wines) - they sell a $50 or $100 card to activate the machines (and on the first two days of my recent cruise, they had an offer giving an extra $20 value with the $100 card). The barman will be happy to give you a demonstration/ sales talk of how the machines operate !.

On our cruise there seemed to be approx 1 to 2 alcohol "tasting" sessions a day (usually different each day). Some of those were :

• Run with the Bulls (Spanish Wine Tasting)
  • French Cognac Tasting
  • Tour de France (French Wine Tasting)
  • Viva Italia (Italian Wine Tasting)
  • Exotic Rum Tasting
  • Two to Tango (South American Wine Tasting)
  • Jameson Whiskey Tasting
  • Exploring the Down Under (Australian Wine Tasting)
  • Walk Around the World with Wine (Wine Tasting)
  • Ultimate Cheese & Wine Class (in Murano)
  • Master of tMalts from Macallan tasting
  • Small Batch Bourbon tasting

Thanks for your listing on the different tasting events. Would you be able to give an idea on what the costs for these would be?

You don't need to "enrol" before you travel. The wine tasting "events" will be published in each daily newsletter "Celebrity Today", and you can just turn up to those as and when you choose (when you can see what else they may clash with (dinner, shows, activities, etc)).

There will be a charge for each of them.

Cellar Masters may also have printed another separate list of alcohol/wine events, so when the barman is on duty you should ask. (Cellar Masters have a barman on duty from 5pm).

Also, Cellar Masters has Enomatic Wine Machines (self-dispensing mouthful/ measure of a few (about 4?) changing wines) - they sell a $50 or $100 card to activate the machines (and on the first two days of my recent cruise, they had an offer giving an extra $20 value with the $100 card). The barman will be happy to give you a demonstration/ sales talk of how the machines operate !.

On our cruise there seemed to be approx 1 to 2 alcohol "tasting" sessions a day (usually different each day). Some of those were :

• Run with the Bulls (Spanish Wine Tasting)
  • French Cognac Tasting
  • Tour de France (French Wine Tasting)
  • Viva Italia (Italian Wine Tasting)
  • Exotic Rum Tasting
  • Two to Tango (South American Wine Tasting)
  • Jameson Whiskey Tasting
  • Exploring the Down Under (Australian Wine Tasting)
  • Walk Around the World with Wine (Wine Tasting)
  • Ultimate Cheese & Wine Class (in Murano)
  • Master of tMalts from Macallan tasting
  • Small Batch Bourbon tasting

Would you be able to give an idea on what the costs for these would be?

Sorry, no. Strangely Celebrity don't publish the price (in the daily newsletter/schedule) for those events which they are charging for (they just put an asterisk beside it to indicate that you need to pay). :confused:

Bit odd really that they aren't up front about the costs involved. :(