Dawn princess napier 29/12/2013 - different arrival time to princess intinerary

On the itinerary for Dawn Princess - it says arrival 7.00 am departure 2.00pm

On the Napier Port Authority site - it states: arrival 11.00 departure 19.00.

Picked this info up from a new poster on the Roll Call for this cruise - then checked it out myself. (Not doubting the poster - but curious.)

Noted that December 8th it docks at 7.00 and leaves at 2.00 - but changes from then on to the later times.

Having never been before - is this a normal situation for Princess (apart of course from not being able to dock at some Ports due to circumstances) :confused:

Is anyone on this cruise that is not on the roll call that can shed any light?

We aren't doing anything in Napier so I suppose it's not an issue for us - but would be for someone who didn't know :eek:

On the itinerary for Dawn Princess - it says arrival 7.00 am departure 2.00pm

On the Napier Port Authority site - it states: arrival 11.00 departure 19.00.

Picked this info up from a new poster on the Roll Call for this cruise - then checked it out myself. (Not doubting the poster - but curious.)

Noted that December 8th it docks at 7.00 and leaves at 2.00 - but changes from then on to the later times.

Having never been before - is this a normal situation for Princess (apart of course from not being able to dock at some Ports due to circumstances) :confused:

Is anyone on this cruise that is not on the roll call that can shed any light?

We aren't doing anything in Napier so I suppose it's not an issue for us - but would be for someone who didn't know :eek:

dizzy i would be taking notice of the time on the princess site but it will have the right time in the patter the night before you dock

Napier is a nice town and seeing its a working port you cant walk into town, princess runs a free shuttle and its only a 5 minute run

dizzy i would be taking notice of the time on the princess site but it will have the right time in the patter the night before you dock

Napier is a nice town and seeing its a working port you cant walk into town, princess runs a free shuttle and its only a 5 minute run

Thanks for that - I reckon now is the time to really go through all the info I have gleaned from you guys over the months (I keep looking and then get myself side tracked) next weekend......ON TO IT;)

I think the variation in times is due to tides and resulting 'windows' / time slots for larger ships to enter and leave the harbour. This was the explanation given when we missed Napier because a cargo ship overstayed in our berth and we missed our time slot to enter the harbour safely.

I agree with Murgat.....Napier is governed by the tide . Tauranga is the same.

Napier is also very exposed to the ocean swells and that can also effect shipping. I think it was the Volendam who got in OK but the tidal flow was too great to secure a mooring once at the dock.

Archived