Belize Island Beach Break

Perini3

We have been to Bannister Island as well. We call it star fish heaven. :D

I have a complete review listed in my signature line if you are interested in reading about our day there. There are TONS of pictures in the review. :)

PC180214-M.jpg

Did they offer equipment rental?

• 2 weeks later...
Please can you add a link to your review. I do not see signatures for some reason.

Thanks,

Wendy

I'm not sure if you were talking to me since you quoted Disney instead. But here's a link to my review. My settings may be different than yours, so it starts at post 250 until around 266): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1755846&page=7

Can I ask a quick question. Are there very many areas to sit in the shade at Bannister Island? Husband does not like sitting in full sun the whole time? Love your reviews. We just booked Little French Key in Roatan after reading your review.

Can I ask a quick question. Are there very many areas to sit in the shade at Bannister Island? Husband does not like sitting in full sun the whole time? Love your reviews. We just booked Little French Key in Roatan after reading your review.

Did you get a chance to read my review on Bannister? There are several (lol) pictures there.

Yes, there is shade to sit under. They have the little palapas with chairs for shade and there's also areas with plenty of palm trees. The dining area is also huge and you can sit under that for shade as well.

PC180194-L.jpg

PC180264-L.jpg

PC180291-L.jpg

There's also a deck (with a gift store) that is in the shade:

PC180350-L.jpg

You'll find this weird, but yet awesome palm tree, located right in front of the dining building. To the right of that is most of the shady area and tons of it with chairs.

PC180342-L.jpg

Mitsugirl- thank you for all your reviews. They are sooooo helpful. Thank you again! I know I appreciate them!

Aww shucks, thanks so much. I cruise just for you wonderful people here on cc so that I can report back. ;) :D (That's my story to my husband and I'm sticking to it!) :o

That makes me laugh! Thank goodness the husband likes it too, from your pictures. Your daughter is so cute! When I went to YouTube I saw the video you have if her jumping of the platform at Little French Key. She is so brave and adorable!

Using your reviews to finalize our plans. Good luck with finishing Nursing school. I am a nurse myself. No ER but I did ICU, then PACU for like 20 years with some GILab and now I am in Clinical Informatics.

Just wanted to be sure there are plenty of spots of shade. We want to leave from cruise ship and go straight there. Husband also does not like lots of tenders. Last time we went to Caye Caulker...ugh boat ride was so packed and smelling gas fumes. Not pleasant.

That makes me laugh! Thank goodness the husband likes it too, from your pictures. Your daughter is so cute! When I went to YouTube I saw the video you have if her jumping of the platform at Little French Key. She is so brave and adorable!

Using your reviews to finalize our plans. Good luck with finishing Nursing school. I am a nurse myself. No ER but I did ICU, then PACU for like 20 years with some GILab and now I am in Clinical Informatics.

Just wanted to be sure there are plenty of spots of shade. We want to leave from cruise ship and go straight there. Husband also does not like lots of tenders. Last time we went to Caye Caulker...ugh boat ride was so packed and smelling gas fumes. Not pleasant.

Thanks so much for the compliments. We definitely manage to have a blast with her. She is willing to do more things than I ever would at her age or even older. This comes from daddy, not me. lol

That was the reason we booked Bannister in the first place (because of the boat ride directly from the ship). We had read bad reviews on the place prior, but had also seen a lot of pictures and liked the look of it. I truly believe a vacation (or in this case a port choice) is truly what YOU make of it. I can just about have a decent time anywhere I go. The only issues I had with the place was the bathroom/shower. But it did not make or break it for us and we were perfectly satisfied with our choice. I thought it was an awesome experience just because of all the Star Fish. You don't get many chances of seeing so many in one place (or at least I had never seen but 1 of them prior to this place). :)

There's another thread on this, but Carnival switched this excursion to go to Water Caye. (for my Dec 29th sailing anyway)

Canadian please note -

Water Caye is the "Barrier Reef Snorkeling & Island Beach Break excursion".

Bannister is the "Island Beach Break"

Canadian please note -

A 3rd Carnival snorkel excursion entitled "Snorkeling Wonders of the Barrier Reef" goes to Rendezvous Caye directly from the ship as the Water and Goff Caye excursions do.

Canadian please note -

The photos on Carnival website for Island Beach Break changed (when the reviews were removed) and now the pictures of the dock and buildings don't match Bannister Island. The pictures seem to match Water Caye on the realty websites.

Also from Carnival rep

"Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We have received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Island Beach Break excursion will be conducted at Water Caye. Children under 5 years go for free on this excursion, they do not need a ticket.

Snorkeling Wonders of the Barrier Reef excursion is conducted at Rendezvous Caye. Children 3 and under go for free, they do not need a ticket. For this excursion you snorkel from Rendezvous Caye. If you would like one of the parents can stay at the beach with your 3yr old while the other parent snorkels with his 5yr old.

If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Line"