Here we go! 31-Day R/T Cruise to Incan Empire

Spinner2

Life is still very good aboard the Statendam and we will be very sorry to leave tomorrow. We've just loved our month here.

Oncoming cruisers, I believe we'll come into San Diego in Code Red; I'm not sure if you'll leave that way. The news about decreasing new infections is very good; mostly it seems to have stopped or slowed considerably, at least that's the anecdotal evidence you hear just keeping your ears open and not saying much!

There seem to be a bunch of staff changes; some officers will be going home for the holidays but you'll have a great crew, I'm sure.

I'll have lots of details for those doing this cruise in 2014 just as soon as I can get it all organized.

Thanks for reading along!

A nice sea day today. Indonesian Tea, Mariner Lunch, packing isn't so nice because it means we're leaving, but eventually we have to!

For Dec 4 passengers: I talked to a current passenger who is continuing to the next cruise. They have been told that everyone must be off the ship (even the in-transits) by 9:30, when super-sanitizing will begin; they believe the in-transits can re-board at 1 PM so that's probably all of you too.

I'll wrap this up once we're home and let you know when the blog with all of the tour vendors is ready. Lots to do there!

Thanks again for joining us on this group read!

So sorry to hear that the Code Red continues. I hope you had a lovely day in La Paz though.

Hi Marney,

Sitting in Vegas airport for my flight back to Phuket,after a nice but cold

stay here since disembarking in a warm San Diego.

First,many thanks for all your great work organising the CC meet/greet,amazed

at how very efficiently you arranged everything,MUCH appreciated

Waiting here for 2 hrs,time is passing quickly reading your review,I was already forgetting

some aspects,but you have bought it all back and more!

Hope we meet again on another HAL sailing

Multissimas gracias,

John:)

John, thanks for the very kind words and the Incan Treasures cruise will be added to our travel blog at WildeAdventures as soon as possible. George has probably thousands of photos to process but I've tried to narrow his task as far as the blog is concerned to maybe a quarter of what he has that I'll pick the blog photos from. Soon, I hope!

Vegas is chilly, I hear, but actually since we've been home Southern California has been mighty cold (by our standards!) too.

Sheesh, BettyNL, it took that long to come out of Code Red? That's so disappointing! Glad it's resolved now!

I hope to meet up with both of you on another cruise!

I had a wonderful time on the cruise. Met many wonderful new friends and heard their fantastic stories. The crew was fantastic. they ALL gave all they could and more.

The statendam is an older ship. The first cabin we were in was much to warm with no help to fix it. Our shower water was from freezing to luke warm. if you called the front desk... they would say there are issues but they are working on it, I finally went to the front desk and started dealing with the supervisors. They were all kind and tried their best

after 9 days we were moved to a different cabin. The room was much cooler. so thankful..... the shower water was hot or at least warmer for 2 days. Then we had several days of lukewarm again.

My husband was sick as were many others and towards the last several days. we went again to code Red. then I became ill Nothing anyone can do about that except non passengers that are allowed to board in different ports to eat. We are in a closed environment.

When the cruise first started and again at Lima.... they placed the plastic shields to protect the food etc. At many ports they invited people from the port to come aboard to eat. There was no protection at that time, Not sure if that is wise to prevent illness.

2 years prior I was on the Rotterdam from Ft Lauderdale though the canal and ending at San Diego. So many of the ports were the same.

the first cruise when we docked at Lima it was a lovely place with vendors along the dock and a very nice free shuttle to go into the shopping area. This time they were docked at a very different dock.

not safe at all I personally knew of 3 dangerous incidents there.

the shuttle into town was $30 but I know times have changed

One of the other ports was not as nice of a place either

A lot of the meat was very tough and hard to eat not sure why?

There has been a cut in the Adajio group from 3 - 4 instramentalists

to just one violin and the piano. No more dance hosts.

again times have changed from 2 years ago

Loved loved loved the HAL cats. they are so good and amazing... they can fit in quickly with any performer. I wished there were more familiar songs for our age.

In spite of all this I would travel HAL again some day

Hi Marney,

Sitting in Vegas airport for my flight back to Phuket,after a nice but cold

stay here since disembarking in a warm San Diego.

First,many thanks for all your great work organising the CC meet/greet,amazed

at how very efficiently you arranged everything,MUCH appreciated

Waiting here for 2 hrs,time is passing quickly reading your review,I was already forgetting

some aspects,but you have bought it all back and more!

Hope we meet again on another HAL sailing

Multissimas gracias,

John:)

Hey John, nice to have met you! All the best in your future travels; take care and be safe!

Your one-time table host ;)

Betty, I see you're at the Starbucks in PV; it was the best internet we found there, too! Thanks for sending us some reports; I'm sure that most of us from the Nov 3 sailing are still interested in what's happening on the Statendam.