A Faster to Fun Comparison

tlund

Just got off the Dream. We traveled with 22 people, the majority of which arrived at the port together on a private bus shuttle. Only 2 of the people booked Faster to Fun. We did not. When we got to the port, we wanted to do a comparison with the people who did book to see the difference.

Got to the port. The 2 that booked went in the priority line. We went in the general line. First line was security. We actually got through security before the FTTF people. There are 2 security lines for FTTF but 6 or 8 for general admission. In fact, we were checked in with our Sail & Sign pass before the FTTF people got checked in.

Because the ship was not ready for boarding until around 11:30ish, we did have to wait, but the FTTF people did too. They were able to board before us, but only by maybe a half hour.

Our FTTF people went directly to their room, which was right next to our room. Their room was not ready, ours was being cleaned. All rooms were cleared by 1:30.

Our FTTF people did not get all their luggage until around 4:00. We got all of ours shortly thereafter.

Our FTTF people were able to get on the tender on Belize rather quickly. We didn't even get off the ship that day.

We did luggage express at debarking so we were able to walk off at any time. Our FTTF people had luggage tags #2 so they were able to get off rather early.

We asked our FTTF people if it was worth it to do FTTF and they said "no". They complained at guest services on the first day about their room not being ready and their luggage coming late. Guest services basically told them that they have priority in these things but it is not a guarantee that they will have these things available to them upon getting on the ship. No refund was offered.

Just got off the Dream. We traveled with 22 people, the majority of which arrived at the port together on a private bus shuttle. Only 2 of the people booked Faster to Fun. We did not. When we got to the port, we wanted to do a comparison with the people who did book to see the difference.

Got to the port. The 2 that booked went in the priority line. We went in the general line. First line was security. We actually got through security before the FTTF people. There are 2 security lines for FTTF but 6 or 8 for general admission. In fact, we were checked in with our Sail & Sign pass before the FTTF people got checked in.

Because the ship was not ready for boarding until around 11:30ish, we did have to wait, but the FTTF people did too. They were able to board before us, but only by maybe a half hour.

Our FTTF people went directly to their room, which was right next to our room. Their room was not ready, ours was being cleaned. All rooms were cleared by 1:30.

Our FTTF people did not get all their luggage until around 4:00. We got all of ours shortly thereafter.

Our FTTF people were able to get on the tender on Belize rather quickly. We didn't even get off the ship that day.

We did luggage express at debarking so we were able to walk off at any time. Our FTTF people had luggage tags #2 so they were able to get off rather early.

We asked our FTTF people if it was worth it to do FTTF and they said "no". They complained at guest services on the first day about their room not being ready and their luggage coming late. Guest services basically told them that they have priority in these things but it is not a guarantee that they will have these things available to them upon getting on the ship. No refund was offered.

Not sure what happened, but the rooms are supposed to be ready when boarding, not "Priority" as they were told by Guest Services staff. As for luggage, did the Porters place the orange FTTF stickers on their luggage?

WOW bummer for those who bought the FTTF. Hope everyone in your group had a great cruise!

[/color]

Not sure what happened, but the rooms are supposed to be ready when boarding, not "Priority" as they were told by Guest Services staff. As for luggage, did the Porters place the orange FTTF stickers on their luggage?

Initially the FTTF got luggage tags #16. They went back down to Guest Services and were told that they should not have #16 and gave them #2. No orange stickers anywhere.

That would be disappointing to spend $50 and the room is not ready and the luggage not delivered until sailing. Those 2 perks would be why a lot of people would purchase FTTF along with some others.

Wow, so sorry for your friends experience. We did FTTF one time before becoming Platinum. We had red circular FTTF imprints on our luggage tags that we printed out. The same FTTF logo was on our Boarding Passes too......we too had to wait a short amount of time to board (which is right after the Platinum, Diamond folks etc), then went right to our room which was ready. BUT the best part was tendering immediately. We had 2 tender ports and that was really valuable. But certainly not valuable or worth it if none of the "perks" are delivered...they should contact CCL again...they are due a refund for sure!!

Initially the FTTF got luggage tags #16. They went back down to Guest Services and were told that they should not have #16 and gave them #2. No orange stickers anywhere.

I was referring to porters at Port Canaveral before you boarded. They have orange stickers to place on luggage to ID and help get them to room earlier.

I was referring to porters at Port Canaveral before you boarded. They have orange stickers to place on luggage to ID and help get them to room earlier.

I'm not certain what happened with the porters. We were dropped off from the bus and the porters just started throwing our luggage in the bins. I know that the FTTF people had different colored luggage tags that they taped on before getting to the port. Other than that, I don't know if the porters put any other tags on their luggage.

We had FTTF on Dream in February and it was awesome. We were on the ship right about 11:00, went directly to our room which was ready. Went exploring and back to the room at 12:00 and our luggage was there. 12:15 we were all unpacked and ready to party. :D

We had FTTF on Fantasy in September. We were aboard about 11:15, straight to our clean room to drop our carry on. Then up for lunch and our luggage was next to our door at 12:15 when we came back.

They put an extra large orange sticky tape, type tag on ours. That and the priority line at customer service was worth it. Loved the #2 luggage tags upon debarkation. We just ate breakfast, and strolled off when we felt like it. Was lovely to have our luggage waiting right next to Customs.

I've done FTTF 3 times and it went like it was suppose to, all 3 times I have gotten my luggage less than an hour after boarding, my room was always ready and have gotten zone 1 tags, which I only used once which was on my recent b2b because I had more stuff, I usually do self assist.

Sorry but this was not our experience on the Conquest out of NOLA. Can't form an opinion based on one ship.

Interesting.

On our first cruise (Fascination, out of Jacksonville) we didn't know you were supposed to staple/tape those paper luggage tag things to your luggage. One of the guys at the port (a CCL employee) stapled ours on for us and we waited maybe an hour, hour and a half in line to get our S&S and through security.

When we boarded, our room was ready and the suitcase my son and I were sharing was there, but my husband's was not. So while we got to play in the pool and on the slides, my hubby had to sit there miserable because he didn't have his bathing suit yet.

All afternoon we waited for his suitcase to show up but it never did. It wasn't until around 6 pm that we found it sitting near one of the elevator banks on our floor/deck with a bunch of other unmarked luggage that had yet to be claimed. My hubby was beyond annoyed at that point...it wasn't our fault that the luggage tag came off after all. THEY stapled it on there! And nobody had any idea where our suitcase had gone, which was even scarier as his had our first aid kit with seasick meds and my medication.

The second cruise, we did FTTF in hopes of having a less chance of having our luggage lost. We arrived in port around 11 am, got our S&S within 5-10 min and were on board 5 min after that. We were able to go straight to our room, get our things settled and hit the pool long before most of the pax were even on the ship. Debarkation went just as smoothly and I think that we're probably going to do FTTF every time now simply because it just made things easier on us.

I tend to agree that Faster to the Fun is not worth the 50.00. We sail with friends that are Platinum, and they get on the ship maybe 30min ahead of us.. When we get on the ship, we grab a drink and something to eat.. While the FTTF crowd is in their cabins unpacking, we are eating lunch and drinking.. We have to stop for the Muster drill a little later, so we just go back to the cabin after that, and unpack... As far as tenders go, I dont have to be first on the tender, in fact, I like to wait a little anyway when getting off the ship.. To me, the 50.00 is one day of drinking, so I would rather save the money for that..

Archived