Excursions in Taipei

uktog

Bill I wonder, would it be possible to check up about the excursions in Taipei on 14th March which is also now the day of the Azamara evening. One of the excursions, the half Day Yeliu Tour - TE21 is still showing as an afternoon excursion the return time for which might be quite tight for guests wishing to go to the evening.

I often have found in the past that excursions that are advertised in the afternoon end up being run in the morning - are we able to find out if TE21 is being run in the morning or afternoon? It is our preferred choice for trips, but now we have seen the Azamazing evening is that day, we are a little concerned about the timings of the day

Thank you so much

• 4 weeks later...
Bill

Did you ever get an answer on this one, I know all the excursions are changing around so appreciate you may not be able to find out yet. I could get no answers on board

Hello Ann -

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your Azamara vacation. I'll follow up with shore excursion operations about the timing of the half-day Yeliu Tour and its impact on the AzAmazing Evening. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you for your continued support on the CC forum and for your contribution to self-policing the direction of some threads so that they are balanced and stay on track to meet Cruise Critic's standard to provide useful and unbiased information to its members and readers. Very much appreciated!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

• 2 weeks later...
Bill I wonder, would it be possible to check up about the excursions in Taipei on 14th March which is also now the day of the Azamara evening. One of the excursions, the half Day Yeliu Tour - TE21 is still showing as an afternoon excursion the return time for which might be quite tight for guests wishing to go to the evening.

I often have found in the past that excursions that are advertised in the afternoon end up being run in the morning - are we able to find out if TE21 is being run in the morning or afternoon? It is our preferred choice for trips, but now we have seen the Azamazing evening is that day, we are a little concerned about the timings of the day

Thank you so much

Hello Ann -

I'm sorry for the delayed response in answering your question if the time shown on the current Pdf Land Discoveries brochure for TE21 Half-Day Yeliu Tour starting at 12:30pm and lasting 4.5 hours is correct. It is.

The guests on the tour will be back onboard by 5pm. The first group for the AzAmazing Evening Event - Taiwanese Traditions & Cuisine at the Grand Hotel will not start departing until 6pm and we will have staggered departures.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

The guests on the tour will be back onboard by 5pm. The first group for the AzAmazing Evening Event - Taiwanese Traditions & Cuisine at the Grand Hotel will not start departing until 6pm and we will have staggered departures.

BILL:

As I understand it, Taipei is about an hour's ride from the docks.

If passengers are going to a longer visit in Taipei (either on their own or on private tours), it would seem more reasonable (and less wear-and-tear) if they can stay in Taipei, join the AzAmazing Evening Event at the Grand Hotel and get a ride back after the event.

Forcing them to get back to the port and then back again to Taipei - two hours - seems rather unreasonable.

BILL:

As I understand it, Taipei is about an hour's ride from the docks.

If passengers are going to a longer visit in Taipei (either on their own or on private tours), it would seem more reasonable (and less wear-and-tear) if they can stay in Taipei, join the AzAmazing Evening Event at the Grand Hotel and get a ride back after the event.

Forcing them to get back to the port and then back again to Taipei - two hours - seems rather unreasonable.

Hello Tommui987 -

Our shore operations team is checking your suggested option with our local tour operator.

I should be able to get back to you early next week with a response.

Enjoy the weekend ahead!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises