Tell me all about Nickelodeon!!

mitsugirly

This will be our first Nickelodeon cruise (well, Epic had it but that was before we starting taking the youngest with us cruising). I know she's going to be so excited and loves Dora and Spongebob.

So looking at NCL's website it mentions:

NICKELODEON'S PAJAMA JAM BREAKFAST

nickelodeon-diego-2.jpg

Leave your pajamas on and experience Nickelodeon's Pajama Jam Character Breakfast. Team Nick and the rest of the gang will sing and dance while your family enjoys a delicious breakfast. Free 8x10 photo included!

When I look at this event under the Jewel, I find the following:

This is a NO SLEEP ZONE! Party in your PJs and wake up with an exclusive buffet breakfast featuring Nickelodeon characters. With character performances, photo opportunities, meet and greets and take home gifts.

Price per Guest: 20

So there is a charge for this and is this an all night event that you drop off your child to "sleep over" with Dora and then meet them in the morning for breakfast with the characters? I'm confused.

DORA'S DANCE PARTY

Sing, dance and go wild during Dora's Music Party.

Looking at the listing on the Jewel, it doesn't mention this. Is this just a show you go to like in the theater? Or is it something at the kids club? On the deck? Is it held only once during the cruise?

NICKELODEON ARTS & CRAFTS

Create arts and crafts where kids and their parents can develop Nickelodeon themed crafts together.

Once again, nothing mentioned on the Jewel. Is this done in the kids club? Any additional cost?

MEET & GREET NICKELODEON CHARACTERS

Get your autograph books out and your cameras ready. It's time to do a meet and greet with some of your favorite Nickelodeon characters. Say "cheese!"

Tell me about this. Nothing mentioned under Jewel. Where do they do this? Does it cost? Do they let you take your own camera and take pictures?

Anything else Nickelodeon related? Do the characters walk around the ship for different picture opportunities?

Thanks in advance. :)

Experienced Nick cruises with our boys on the Epic in 2011 and the Breakaway this past July.

The Pajama Party is indeed a breakfast, kids had a blast, lots of photo ops, but the food is pretty awful. ;0)

Our boys were not interested in the Dance Party but we watched our friends girls dancing up a storm, in one of the public spaces, cannot remember which, no extra charge.

We attended one of he arts and crafts sessions, it was in one of the lounges and no extra charge.

Hope that helps!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The "no sleep zone" just means its a party, not time for sleeping since you're wearing your pjs. It's only breakfast. You are with your children the whole time.

Oh ok. That's good.

Experienced Nick cruises with our boys on the Epic in 2011 and the Breakaway this past July.

The Pajama Party is indeed a breakfast, kids had a blast, lots of photo ops, but the food is pretty awful. ;0)

Our boys were not interested in the Dance Party but we watched our friends girls dancing up a storm, in one of the public spaces, cannot remember which, no extra charge.

We attended one of he arts and crafts sessions, it was in one of the lounges and no extra charge.

Hope that helps!!

Did they allow you to take your own pictures? I can only assume the ship photographer is there snapping pictures and the cruiseline trying to sell them to you.

What type of food did they have? Just wondering how you can screw up breakfast. lol :p Was everyone in their pj's? I remember awhile back someone saying something about going to it and their son was the ONLY one in their pj's and felt out of place. :(

At all the Nick events we did they allowed you to take your own photos ( one) and would do it for you so you could be included. They were very kind and patient.

The characters were around the ship and photos no problem.

We went to the breakfast on the Jewel and it was different than the on on Epic. We were the only one in PJ's and no free photo included.... still fun and food pretty bad.

It will enhance your cruise having Nick things but it will not be all about Nick.

At all the Nick events we did they allowed you to take your own photos ( one) and would do it for you so you could be included. They were very kind and patient.

The characters were around the ship and photos no problem.

We went to the breakfast on the Jewel and it was different than the on on Epic. We were the only one in PJ's and no free photo included.... still fun and food pretty bad.

It will enhance your cruise having Nick things but it will not be all about Nick.

Great to hear they will allow you to take your own pictures and even that they will do one with all of you in it. That's awesome to hear!

Maybe you are the one that I read something about you were the only one in pj's. I would think everyone would do the pj's thing (just like I know the kids club has a pj night and all the kids always wore their pj's and brought their pillow with them that night).

What food do they serve?

We did it on the Epic. the character bfast is great. Ours wasnt a buffet it was sit down and they called table by table to each character to get photos. They took them professionally and they let you use your own camera too. We took photos with each character. It was very organzied. The Dora dance party was just ok. It was a small lounge that was overcrowded (then again we sailed spring break so maybe that was the reason). They did about 2-3 songs and then it was just the Nick staff left. The Nick staff is separate from the kids program staff and offer different activities all over the ship at various times. They also incorporate the nick show themes into the kids program but the characters dont go there. My kids loved it! We are sailing again on the EPIC this weekend.

We did it on the Epic. the character bfast is great. Ours wasnt a buffet it was sit down and they called table by table to each character to get photos. They took them professionally and they let you use your own camera too. We took photos with each character. It was very organzied. The Dora dance party was just ok. It was a small lounge that was overcrowded (then again we sailed spring break so maybe that was the reason). They did about 2-3 songs and then it was just the Nick staff left. The Nick staff is separate from the kids program staff and offer different activities all over the ship at various times. They also incorporate the nick show themes into the kids program but the characters dont go there. My kids loved it! We are sailing again on the EPIC this weekend.

It sounds awesome. I know my daughter is going to love it. Will you find these listings in the dailies for the times and where they are located?

I think we are going to have a "busy" cruise this time around. (Well, busier than usual) :D

The food was meant to be spongebob themed. A star pancakes, some green slime etc... it was pretty bad.... but we had ate enough all week and were not hungry.

I guess if you ask the kids club counselors they could tell you whether or not to wear PJ's.

Just got off the Jewel 10/20 - cruised with our 3 kids.

All my kids 6, 10 and 12 wore jammies to the PJ jam and there were others there in jammies too. I would say maybe 5 kids did not have jammies on. Even some parents wore jammies. It was fun. Breakfast wasn't horrible, but it was ok. We didn't care for NCL's Maple Syrup - it was down right disgusting. But there were other things to eat. So we were good with it. I don't know about the free 8x10. We didn't get one. So you probably need to ask about this.

Don't miss Slime Time Live - all 3 of mine loved it. 2 of my kids got picked to go on stage for one of the challenges. I have pictures, i'll post soon.

I was a little disappointed that the kids club activities were separate from the Nick activities. We missed many things, because we thought the kids in the kids club would be included or brought to the Nick activities. It was not that way. If you say something in the dailies that a Nick program was happening, you have to bring your kid there separately. It was kind of a let down. The first time we saw any of the NICK CREW was Slime Time Live on Friday. So do yourself a favor and comb the dailies for the NICK activities early and plan your day the night before.

Edited by kchiumento

I would say about half the kids were in PJ's. Mine wore shorts and SpongeBob t-shirts.

On the EPIC in 2010 they came around to the tables with the food and it was ok.

On the Breakaway it was a buffet, almost everything was so sweet. Lots of donuts, jello, even the pancakes had sprinkles and my kids said they were too sweet. There were were pigs in a blanket and some kind of sandwich, maybe grilled ham and cheese, did not taste but the kids spit it out. LOL. So much food on the ship that it really wasn't an issue though.

On neither sailing for us did they call table by table. The photographers had no problem with you taking your own shots on either.

On the EPIC we did not receive any free 8x10 but on the Breakaway we got 2. Guy in the photo shop told me to pick a second because I got 2 free for the two kids. Found out later our friends got 4 free, one for each paid ticket, so the adults got credit for one each too. Never did find out what was really supposed to happen.

Have fun, my guys did!!

The food was meant to be spongebob themed. A star pancakes, some green slime etc... it was pretty bad.... but we had ate enough all week and were not hungry.

I guess if you ask the kids club counselors they could tell you whether or not to wear PJ's.

It's a little weird that they would be serving food that everyone seems to not like. I mean why not just serve buffet food like eggs, bacon, toast or something? It seems the consensus on the food isn't a good one so far.

Just got off the Jewel 10/20 - cruised with our 3 kids.

All my kids 6, 10 and 12 wore jammies to the PJ jam and there were others there in jammies too. I would say maybe 5 kids did not have jammies on. Even some parents wore jammies. It was fun. Breakfast wasn't horrible, but it was ok. We didn't care for NCL's Maple Syrup - it was down right disgusting. But there were other things to eat. So we were good with it. I don't know about the free 8x10. We didn't get one. So you probably need to ask about this.

Don't miss Slime Time Live - all 3 of mine loved it. 2 of my kids got picked to go on stage for one of the challenges. I have pictures, i'll post soon.

I was a little disappointed that the kids club activities were separate from the Nick activities. We missed many things, because we thought the kids in the kids club would be included or brought to the Nick activities. It was not that way. If you say something in the dailies that a Nick program was happening, you have to bring your kid there separately. It was kind of a let down. The first time we saw any of the NICK CREW was Slime Time Live on Friday. So do yourself a favor and comb the dailies for the NICK activities early and plan your day the night before.

I was wondering about the slime time, but my little one doesn't know what it is. She watches Dora and Spongebob on Netflix, but we don't have regular/cable tv, so she doesn't really know what Nickelodeon is to begin with. Since she's only 5, she would not be picked from the audience to compete because she's too little. I'm not sure if we'll go to this or not.

Thanks for the advice on the Nick being separate from the kids club. I will definitely check out the dailies and make sure we personally take her to the shows instead of expecting the kids club to take them. :)

I would say about half the kids were in PJ's. Mine wore shorts and SpongeBob t-shirts.

On the EPIC in 2010 they came around to the tables with the food and it was ok.

On the Breakaway it was a buffet, almost everything was so sweet. Lots of donuts, jello, even the pancakes had sprinkles and my kids said they were too sweet. There were were pigs in a blanket and some kind of sandwich, maybe grilled ham and cheese, did not taste but the kids spit it out. LOL. So much food on the ship that it really wasn't an issue though.

On neither sailing for us did they call table by table. The photographers had no problem with you taking your own shots on either.

On the EPIC we did not receive any free 8x10 but on the Breakaway we got 2. Guy in the photo shop told me to pick a second because I got 2 free for the two kids. Found out later our friends got 4 free, one for each paid ticket, so the adults got credit for one each too. Never did find out what was really supposed to happen.

Have fun, my guys did!!

Weird that they would serve things like pigs in a blanket and ham and cheese for breakfast?? Weird.

What time is this held in the morning?

So, the ship photographers DO take pictures there right? I'm wondering if you are actually supposed to go to the photo place and ASK for your 8x10 and people just don't know to do that? Possible bring a print out of your payment to prove you paid the $20?

So, are you saying that WE as adults have to also pay $20??? Or just $20 for the kids? I'm confused. There's no way I'm paying $60 for us to just go to eat breakfast for me the hubby and our daughter. That could be a deal breaker for us.

I think I'm going to print out where it states that you get a free 8x10 online and take with me. I mean if they say that you do, then I expect to get it...especially if I'm paying $20 for this.

I just tried a faux booking and the pricing is per person, if you can believe it. It seems very odd to charge adults for slime pancakes.

Pajama Jam with Nickelodeon

This is a NO SLEEP ZONE! Party in your PJs and wake up with an exclusive buffet breakfast featuring Nickelodeon characters. With characte...

ADULT$20

CHILD$20

I just tried a faux booking and the pricing is per person, if you can believe it. It seems very odd to charge adults for slime pancakes.

Oh my!! Are you serious? :eek: I just don't think I can justify paying $60 for all 3 of us just so that she can take some pictures with the characters and have a breakfast that no one seems to like around here. Ugh.

Can anyone else confirm they had to pay for themselves as an adult???

It sounds awesome. I know my daughter is going to love it. Will you find these listings in the dailies for the times and where they are located?

I think we are going to have a "busy" cruise this time around. (Well, busier than usual) :D

Yes they will be both in the regular dailies and in the kids program dailies too. Your DD should love it. It is just enough for everyone. The Nick themes and characters are not overwhelming so it doesnt have that Disney feel. For example, they will do NICK poolside games "slime" contests for about half and hour in the afternoon and then its back to normal island calypso music. It is enough to engage the children but not be too much for the adults.

For us it was a sit down meal and had fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage and pancakes as well as danishes on the table. Think buffet quality not really good quality. But, they did have tons of characters and you could take pictures with each one. We had about 6 or 8 different characters spongebob, patrick, Dora, Diego, Jimmy neutron, Squidward and some alien guy not sure who he was. They did a little dance show and picture taking. It really was worth it to get all those priceless photos. I thought they did a great job. It was very organized and even entertaining for the adults, the only complaint is the quality of the food.

Oh my!! Are you serious? :eek: I just don't think I can justify paying $60 for all 3 of us just so that she can take some pictures with the characters and have a breakfast that no one seems to like around here. Ugh.

Can anyone else confirm they had to pay for themselves as an adult???

Unfortunately yes, we paid $20 per person, kids and adults!!!

Like I said, on the Epic the food was not bad, but on the Breakaway that buffet was very sweet and a little weird.

We actually were not going to do it again but my boys wanted to go with their friends who did not sail on the Epic with us, and they usually love breakfast buffets so we bit the bullet and paid the $80.....ouch! ;0)

Yes you pay for everyone. When I asked the photo shop about a free photo they had no idea what I was talking about... so I had to pay for that also.

I would say that with all the photo ops you will have during the week the breakfast really does not need to be a must do.

Again all the food is free in the buffet and I think better.

Yes they will be both in the regular dailies and in the kids program dailies too. Your DD should love it. It is just enough for everyone. The Nick themes and characters are not overwhelming so it doesnt have that Disney feel. For example, they will do NICK poolside games "slime" contests for about half and hour in the afternoon and then its back to normal island calypso music. It is enough to engage the children but not be too much for the adults.

Awesome. Thank you. I have never been on Disney, but I know she's going to enjoy this. This will be the first time she has been on a NCL ship with the Nick characters. It's going to be a great surprise for her.

For us it was a sit down meal and had fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage and pancakes as well as danishes on the table. Think buffet quality not really good quality. But, they did have tons of characters and you could take pictures with each one. We had about 6 or 8 different characters spongebob, patrick, Dora, Diego, Jimmy neutron, Squidward and some alien guy not sure who he was. They did a little dance show and picture taking. It really was worth it to get all those priceless photos. I thought they did a great job. It was very organized and even entertaining for the adults, the only complaint is the quality of the food.

Ok, well maybe I will do it then. :o If there is that many picture opportunities and you get to take your own pictures.

Do they do the character signatures? Should I get her an autograph book?

Unfortunately yes, we paid $20 per person, kids and adults!!!

Like I said, on the Epic the food was not bad, but on the Breakaway that buffet was very sweet and a little weird.

We actually were not going to do it again but my boys wanted to go with their friends who did not sail on the Epic with us, and they usually love breakfast buffets so we bit the bullet and paid the $80.....ouch! ;0)

Hopefully the food won't be too bad. What hours do they do this? Is the breakfast buffet still open when it's over? I'll probably have to bite the bullet and do it to. :(

Yes you pay for everyone. When I asked the photo shop about a free photo they had no idea what I was talking about... so I had to pay for that also.

I would say that with all the photo ops you will have during the week the breakfast really does not need to be a must do.

Again all the food is free in the buffet and I think better.

So I wonder if I take a print out of it saying that you get the free 8x10 online on NCL's site if they'll accept it. I mean that's a lot of money and for them not to even know about the picture...that's false advertisement if you ask me.

SO DOES ANYONE HAVE THE DAILIES THAT SHOWS THE DAYS AND TIMES FOR THESE NICK ACTIVITIES?? :D

I want to say about 90 minutes, my husband says longer but maybe just felt like it? LOL

The kids were all given a small thin canvas tote bag with a cup, bubbles, etc inside.

One afternoon we did arts and crafts with Team Nick in one of the lounges. Kids all got to color their own SpongeBob shirts. Another day we went to an event at the buffet with Team Nick. There was a DJ, dancing, cupcake decorating, balloon animals, face painting, etc. There was no charge for either of those!!

I want to say about 90 minutes, my husband says longer but maybe just felt like it? LOL

The kids were all given a small thin canvas tote bag with a cup, bubbles, etc inside.

One afternoon we did arts and crafts with Team Nick in one of the lounges. Kids all got to color their own SpongeBob shirts. Another day we went to an event at the buffet with Team Nick. There was a DJ, dancing, cupcake decorating, balloon animals, face painting, etc. There was no charge for either of those!!

So then I guess the "actual" breakfast will be over by the time they are done with this. I assume it's on a sea day? It sounds like I will be starved by lunch this day. LOL

That would be awesome to get a little bag with goodies. She'll love that.

I like the SpongeBob shirt idea too. She always seems to get some type of shirt to color on each cruise. She loves doing that. She's really crafty. That's all she gets for birthdays and Christmas because she'd rather do crafts, draw and make things than play games. :D