No future cruise desk..anyway to get credit?

Gold Mine Gal

We want to book a future cruise while on a cruise for the credit. The Inspiration does not have a future cruise desk. I think I remember reading you can call Carnival within a time limit and they will help you get the credit. Does anyone know if this is a fact. Thanks.:)

We want to book a future cruise while on a cruise for the credit. The Inspiration does not have a future cruise desk. I think I remember reading you can call Carnival within a time limit and they will help you get the credit. Does anyone know if this is a fact. Thanks.:)

You can no longer call Carnival for the Future Cruise Certificates. You have to book while on the ship. April 2012 on that cruise was the Victory and they did not have the desk. When I got back made my call. Nope, no more certificates :(

Go on a newer nicer ship and you can book on board. Inspiration leaves alot to be desired.

Go on a newer nicer ship and you can book on board. Inspiration leaves alot to be desired.

My wife is currently aboard "Sunshine", and there is NO future cruise desk on that ship either? What a bummer! I did buy a future cruise aboard "Paradise" the last time aboard, so I don't think it has anything to do with "new or old"?

"SKY"

My wife is currently aboard "Sunshine", and there is NO future cruise desk on that ship either? What a bummer! I did buy a future cruise aboard "Paradise" the last time aboard, so I don't think it has anything to do with "new or old"?

"SKY"

Really no future cruise desk on Sunshine? I hope that isn't true. Planning on booking the next one there in January.

Thanks for all the replies. Booked our Hawaii cruise on the Miracle then after the cruise friends wanted to do the 4-day Inspiration. Wish I had known about it when we were on the Miracle. What a bummer they don't offer the credit anymore with a phone call...guess I'll just have to be happy with the stockholder OBC.:D

Thanks for all the replies. Booked our Hawaii cruise on the Miracle then after the cruise friends wanted to do the 4-day Inspiration. Wish I had known about it when we were on the Miracle. What a bummer they don't offer the credit anymore with a phone call...guess I'll just have to be happy with the stockholder OBC.:D

They only have them on their new ships.

In terms of booking a cruise while on a cruise Carnival doesnt really think it is a new ship.

Really no future cruise desk on Sunshine? I hope that isn't true. Planning on booking the next one there in January.

Nope! She's aboard doing the Trans Atlantic right now, and I got all the info together for her to book the "Dream" for Feb., but she reports that there isn't a future cruise desk, or agent aboard, so I just booked it locally. I don't know what ships do, and do not have the Future Cruise Desk, but as noted, "Sunshine" does NOT, and "Paradise" does. It's a mystery! Oh yes,,,"Ecstasy" has the Future Cruise Desk also!

"SKY"

Edited by SkyMaster

I thought and I may be wrong here BUT if a ship does not have a future cruise desk you still had an opportunity to book another cruise with in a time frame with Carnival and get the $100 OBC. It was the way it worked when they offered FCC.

No, they do not. They changed it at least in May 2012 when we got back from our Victory cruise out of San Juan I called and they do not do the calls for the FCC's anymore. Have to do it on the ship.

Sunshine will have a FCC desk in the states. Has something to do with European sailings. Thanks goodness...:D:D:D

Well, that makes a little bit on sense. I hope you're right! Even though I'm sailing "Paradise" soon, I went ahead and booked my "Dream" cruise. Glad I did, as the ship is filling fast, and the price has gone up $80 so far, so had I waited, and had the cabins still been available, I'd have only saved $20, (and a lot of worry! ) had I waited to book aboard "Paradise". I did have one FCC left, so I used that one. ;)

"SKY"