Why is Air Booking So Complicated?

Hello Graham,

Perhaps you can answer for us - why is the process to book/confirm air arrangements via Regent so complicated? When I booked my first Regent cruise I was shocked at how non-customer centric the process is. Customers are paying tens of thousands of dollars for the cruise, but the air booking process is something out of the dark ages. No flight options are given at the pre-booking stage and then it you want options you have to pay the devation fee. Personally the $150 fee puts people off and is not aligned with the "it's all included" theme of Regent. How in Regent's view can the air booking process be made SIMPLIER and more customer focused? And are there any plans on changing the process for customers?
Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Sunprince,

First of all, please accept my apologies for an unsatisfactory experience. When reserving a voyage under the free air program, the carrier and routing are at Regent's discretion. If a guest has a particular preference, request or need, that is why we offer the air deviation option. As these deviations require a dedicated team to search and book specific flights, we must charge a fee for this additional service. There are no plans to change the process at this time but we are always open and receptive to feedback to how this and any other aspect of the Regent experience can be improved.

Kind regards

Graham

I also find booking air to be tricky because Regent has limited "contracted" seats aboard each flight. A good flight may be available this week but will be full* next week.

*"Full" meaning that the flight has filled the contracted seats -- even though the flight itself is not fulol.