What "area" is the New Orleans cruise port in?

winston71

I just booked a cruise that leaves from New Orleans! yay!

However I am not at all familar with the area. I have 2 nights pre-cruise there and no idea where to stay.

When I look on line its asks me if I want to stay in the French Quarter.... Bourbon Street.... The Garden District... etc.

I would like to be fairly close to where my ship leaves from. Hopefully a place with a shuttle or transport to the docks. Is this possible???

I really have no idea what we even want to see, I am looking through these boards to get an idea.

Thank You!:o

Good suggestions. Also you might want to consider hotels in the central business district, which puts you fairly close to many things. New Orleans is a walking experience, so make sure you pack the right shoes!

You didn't ask, but one of my favorite things there was the WWII museum and the IMAX movie about it. The restaurant in there is not bad, either.

• 2 months later...

We've just returned from a week on Carnival Sunshine out of NOLA. We stayed at Staybridge Suites in central business district. We stayed 2 nights pre-cruise and found everything was easily accessible from there.

We found getting around via streetcar ($3 pp for an all day pass on ALL streetcars) very easy and quick. Even took the streetcar to the ship (get off at Julia St for RCCL and NCL and stay on until Churchill for Carnival).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums