Gay/gay friendly B&B's in Boston

welshrich

Hi

We will be in Boston for 3 nights in March 2-4, all the hotels I've looked at seem really expensive or miles out of the city and we are not driving so need to use the T. Can anyone suggest a nice, centrally located hotel or B&B?

Boston is one of the most expensive cities in the US for hotel rooms. That said, you CAN find some reasonable [by Boston standards] places to stay. I don't know of any B&Bs that are centrally located but check out the Park Plaza Hotel; it is an older property that was once one of the grande dames of Boston hotels and has an old world feel to it. The rooms DO show their age but the lobby is still quite elegant and due to the influx of other, more modern hotels, the prices here are not too bad. Also, the location is one of the best in the city ...you can walk to all the main tourist spots [Newbury St., Boston Common, Government Center, Copley Square, Fanueil Hall, etc.] from the Park Plaza.

Hi

We will be in Boston for 3 nights in March 2-4, all the hotels I've looked at seem really expensive or miles out of the city and we are not driving so need to use the T. Can anyone suggest a nice, centrally located hotel or B&B?

Try the "Oasis Guest" house. Their # is 1-800-230-0105

• 3 weeks later...
Try the "Oasis Guest" house. Their # is 1-800-230-0105

As an add on..The Club Cafe(located just over the highway pass from Chandler Inn offers nice food & a pretty nice dance club. Oasis Guest house is more luxurious than Chandler Inn & has a much more "homey" feel. The owners were on board the Queen Victoria with us during our 2012 voyage & were a very nice couple to know.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI...Fritz is closing Jan 2 for renovation (much needed) and rumor has it will not reopen till April. I am almost certain I heard that the rooms were going to be rehabbed as well... might be worth a call to see if there will be construction happening for your stay.

Edited by JimMad
typo

FYI...Fritz is closing Jan 2 for renovation (much needed) and rumor has it will not reopen till April. I am almost certain I heard that the rooms were going to be rehabbed as well... might be worth a call to see if there will be construction happening for your stay.

Wow... didn't know that was going to happen. I'm sure they'll be re-opened for the pride block party in June! I usually go there before a show in the theater district. Thanks for the info! :)