New to Princess - Ruby Princess

nmg85

Good Afternoon,

We have cruised many times but we are looking to possibly try Princess in June next year. We have found a nice itinerary on the Ruby Princess and are looking to book a mini suite. I have been doing some research and have noticed that certain decks on the ship have balconies that are overlooked from those above. Can anyone tell me which decks don't have this? Is mini suite worth the upgrade in other peoples opinion?

Thanks

If you plan to book a mini-suite, all of the Dolphin deck minis have uncovered balconies. There are a few minis on Emerald deck towards the aft and their balconies are covered and private. They are very quiet and only the last one or two furthest aft on the port side may hear anything from the lounge entertainment below. I think the Emerald minis are worth the extra $.

Edited by Pam in CA

As to whether a mini is worth the extra cost, that's a very personal decision. Our philosophy is that if we're going for more than a week, we want the extra space of a mini and choose the Emerald mini's that Pam has described above. If we're only going for a week, we choose a BD cabin on the Caribe deck. That balcony is much bigger than the other balconies and is half covered. If you're going to be in warm weather, your balcony becomes the extended living space that a mini offers. We prefer the cabins in the aft. They are a bit cheaper and there is less motion that the similarly priced forward cabins.

You'll love the Ruby! She's a beautiful ship. :)

The other thing about a mini that was important to my wife was that the bathroom is bigger and has a full size bathtub/shower as opposed to standard shower (small) in normal balcony cabin. I use the spa locker room mostly for shower so bathroom size didn't matter as much to me but I did like the sitting area and couch. Glad we tried it once but lately have been doing standard balcony on Lido deck. Love the location. :D