Wine in stateroom

brooke_bs

We are going on the Liberty of the Seas this weekend. We will be bringing 2 bottles of wine with us. The plan is to mainly drink them in the room before dinner or while hanging out with friend on the balcony. Are we better off getting secretion bottles, or is there a way to get a corkscrew in the room? Sorry if this has been answered. This is our 1st Royal cruise.

We are going on the Liberty of the Seas this weekend. We will be bringing 2 bottles of wine with us. The plan is to mainly drink them in the room before dinner or while hanging out with friend on the balcony. Are we better off getting secretion bottles, or is there a way to get a corkscrew in the room? Sorry if this has been answered. This is our 1st Royal cruise.

We bring a corkscrew with us on every cruise. As long as it doesn't have a knife, it can go in your carryon on the plane; otherwise you'll have to check it. We like ours because the RCI one requires a little more brute strength to use.:)

I was on rcl last year took my wine and corkscrew. I always took a glass of wine with me when I went to dinner. I just would never take my own wine and sit at a bar.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We bring a corkscrew with us on every cruise. As long as it doesn't have a knife, it can go in your carryon on the plane; otherwise you'll have to check it. We like ours because the RCI one requires a little more brute strength to use.:)

I had my corkscrew in my bag for the last 5 cruises. No problem until last cruise. I got the "naughty room" summons. Apparently the little knife and other gadget on the corkscrew were not "RCCL compliant". They still let me keep it, but was told not to bring it again.

I have a new one now that I am bringing with me later this month. Still has a little knife, but the corkscrew part will be easily identified if my bag is x-rayed. I'm guessing that I was really called to the naughty room on the last cruise, because it would have looked like a pocketknife when my bag was x-rayed (how else would they have known it was in the pocket, inside the center of my checked bag). No big deal. I can easily adjust to be "RCCL compliant" - I'm working on someday being a Pinnacle (Long, long, long way to go).

LOL!:p I was thinking the same thing. I've been in the hospitality biz for almost thirty years and I can't say I'm familiar with that term.

That was supposed to say screw-top. I love autocorrect!

Thank you so much for your replies. I don't know why I assumed I couldn't bring my own corkscrew.

That was supposed to say screw-top. I love autocorrect!

Thank you so much for your replies. I don't know why I assumed I couldn't bring my own corkscrew.

Never heard of the term in the post, but figured the op must have meant some sort of screw cap. Stelvin screw caps are generally used on wine bottles and provide a terrific seal. Stelvin closures are now used by several high-end wineries. The screw caps wines are not necessarily the cheapest on the shelf.

Cheers

M

I had my corkscrew in my bag for the last 5 cruises. No problem until last cruise. I got the "naughty room" summons. Apparently the little knife and other gadget on the corkscrew were not "RCCL compliant". They still let me keep it, but was told not to bring it again.

I have a new one now that I am bringing with me later this month. Still has a little knife, but the corkscrew part will be easily identified if my bag is x-rayed. I'm guessing that I was really called to the naughty room on the last cruise, because it would have looked like a pocketknife when my bag was x-rayed (how else would they have known it was in the pocket, inside the center of my checked bag). No big deal. I can easily adjust to be "RCCL compliant" - I'm working on someday being a Pinnacle (Long, long, long way to go).

Simple solution is to take corkscrew out of airline checked luggage and put in carry-on for when you board. No naughty room.

Simple solution is to take corkscrew out of airline checked luggage and put in carry-on for when you board. No naughty room.

Except that on our last cruise (Explorer) I had a corkscrew in my carry on and it was confiscated when going through security. It was a really good one, too, and I had carried it for years in my make-up case. Through airline check-ins and other cruises. They gave me a ticket to get it back after the cruise but, of course, I forgot it. Gone!!!:(

Except that on our last cruise (Explorer) I had a corkscrew in my carry on and it was confiscated when going through security. It was a really good one, too, and I had carried it for years in my make-up case. Through airline check-ins and other cruises. They gave me a ticket to get it back after the cruise but, of course, I forgot it. Gone!!!:(

I didn't think port security would confiscate a corkscrew, I mean what's the point? There are corkscrews and knives etc on board already, it's not like you couldn't get one to use as a weapon if that was your intent.

Maybe the security guy just came over from the TSA. Or was having a really bad day.

Anyway getting it confiscated on check in is still much less inconvenient than having to wait on line in the naughty room when you should be drinking by the pool.

I think it's always a good idea to put questionable items in carry-on, that way you can have it out with security right away, get it over with.