Tipping for kid's crew and group babysitting

I was planning on giving an extra tip at the end of the cruise to kid's crew for my 3 kids, but I may use group babysitting during an excursion for 2 hours. I was wondering if I should tip when I pick them up from the group babysitting or if the tip at the end will cover the group babysitting as well. Also any suggestions on amounts to tip would be great, my kids are 10,7 and 3.

We tipped extra to the kids crew counselor at the end of our last cruise. I can't recall how much we gave. She seemed surprised to get a tip. I got the sense that she might not get tips very often but perhaps others can correct my assumption.

We didn't use the baby sitting, so I can't comment on that.

We've only sailed RCL and Carnival with our kids but we tipped each time. We generally tip around $25 per child for a 7 day cruise. The counselers on our Serenade of the Seas cruise were awesome! I am surprised that your counselers found your tip unexpected - I would think that tipping would be the rule rather than the exception. Perhaps the cruise lines should make up tip envelopes for the kids club staff.

There are envelopes available at the Kids Crew entrance for tipping their staff. I handed each of them some money when I dropped my son off the last day. When I came back later, I saw the envelopes on the table at the entrance.

Archived