Decorating the Cabin Door

Atlantian

I usually put up the Cruise Critic sign. My last cruise was for Halloween and many doors were decorated. Awesome in some cases! I had a skeleton.

Hey, cruisinpsychrn. Hope you had a great cruise. Sounds like it. Loved our Legend cruise. We did some exciting stuff in Belize and loved our other ports although the weather wasn't the best. Just so easy to go out of Tampa, right? Bought our door "décor" for our Thanksgiving cruise today. We ended up at Party, Party, Party as our local $$ store and Walmart had nothing of value. Something for the door and slider as well. :)

We decorate every cruise and if we are traveling with friends, we always bring something for their door as well. One thing we always put on our door is a dry erase board to communicate with one another. We have a secret sign that we close the message with so that we know the message is legit. Other folks seem to like our decorations. Heck, if nice to us, we will share.

We love decorating our door, first cruise was tropical themed, second cruise was done for my son for his graduation but having a problem coming up with a theme for our up coming cruise. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. Any ideas?

Life is better aboard a ship.

We love decorating our door, first cruise was tropical themed, second cruise was done for my son for his graduation but having a problem coming up with a theme for our up coming cruise. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary. Any ideas?

Life is better aboard a ship.

An anniversary theme?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

While we don't normally decorate our door, we will on our Christmas Cruise this year. We bought a roll of wrapping paper that says NICE and a roll that says NAUGHTY. The nice paper will be used on our door and the naughty paper will be used on our daughter's cabin door. Just something fun for Christmas.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1 using Forums mobile app.

I vaguely remember reading about decorating your cabin door (and since I booked our cruise 29 days out - I have had my head buried in these boards daily to learn as much as I can so I am a little fuzzy now with where I read little blips here and there! :eek:). Is this something that is fairly popular to do on cruises? If so, what do passengers typically do?

It's just something I've done on every cruise. It does help you find your room and I've had several neighbors thank me for helping them find their rooms. lol I try to go with the theme of where we're cruising to. I head to the 99 cent store or Dollar Tree for decorations. Duct tape works good to tape up the stuff and comes off easily. I also decorate our room sometimes, just depends on what we're celebrating. Don't forget to take a picture of your door. Have fun!!

We always decorate our door. I just buy cheap Dollar Tree items that get tossed at the end of the cruise. I just pack the items (last cruise $1 pack flamingos & $1 pack palm trees) and some tape in the carry on and the little ones get to work as soon as we hit the room. It gives them a job while mom unpacks! It makes it so super easy to spot our room, for us and the kids. Always hear people commenting "what a great idea" as they walk past, makes the kids feel good too ;)

so Im going for my honeymoon/both my husbands and I's b-day, any ideas cute way to combine both? :D

I think I would just go with the honeymoon on this one. You have birthdays every year and can do that on another cruise, you just have one honeymoon. :)

Congratulations!!

We bought a roll of wrapping paper that says NICE and a roll that says NAUGHTY. The nice paper will be used on our door and the naughty paper will be used on our daughter's cabin door.

HILARIOUS! I hope your cabins are very near each other for maximum effect. :D

Yes, never put anything up you don't want "borrowed", probably by some unsupervised kiddos...that obviously should be...LOL

D

True. For my 30th birthday cruise, I taped a "Happy Birthday" banner and a funny card on our door and both were stolen! I was so disgusted by the thoughtlessness and malice of whatever loser thought it was appropriate to take something that wasn't theirs!

Our room steward later located the card for me which was nice, since it was from my MIL. The banner however was never found.

Stupid creeps that steal should be eaten by sharks!