Wine package?

4merlurker

We usually purchase the first evening in the MDR. I think the Head Waiter gets a "cha-ching" from doing these.

We have always purchased from a sales table they have set up outside the MDR on embarkation day, manned (I think) by one of the wine stewards.

If the head waiter gets a little bonus, then we will wait to sign up with our waiter! Thanks for the info.!

We have always purchased from a sales table they have set up outside the MDR on embarkation day, manned (I think) by one of the wine stewards.

If the head waiter gets a little bonus, then we will wait to sign up with our waiter! Thanks for the info.!

I do not know for certain, and it might be only the gratuity, but I can tell it makes a difference. Always best to grease the palm of the guy who is bringing me my food. ;)

DW and I always purchase the wine package. Our last cruise on Fascination in June, we purchased on Lido the day we boarded. Turns out, the person staffing the table was our Head Waiter in the MDR. So, not sure if he received the gratuity, or CCL.

DW and I always purchase the wine package. Our last cruise on Fascination in June, we purchased on Lido the day we boarded. Turns out, the person staffing the table was our Head Waiter in the MDR. So, not sure if he received the gratuity, or CCL.

Not sure either, but I do see a smile when we do it the first evening in the MDR.

I do believe the head waiter gets something from the wine packages even if you buy it during embarkation from the table manned by the wine steward.

On our Miracle Panama Canal cruise we bought two packages from the wine steward who was set up in the atrium. We dined the first night in the steak house. The bill for the packages did not hit our S & S until the second night. As previously mentioned, the head waiter seemed happy we had purchased them.

This is one of those "it would be nice to know" things - we'd like to be sure the waitstaff gets a fair share since they are doing the work.

I wasn't aware you could buy a wine package in the MDR. I was led or came to believe the only time you could purchase them was on embarkation day.

In any event, it is primarily for convenience, we didn't really save that much.

Is it still the case that no matter where you purchase the wine package you receive some type of paper 'slips' for the wines and you can go to any bar to pick up a bottle of wine - in case I want to take back to the cabin?

That's what I seem to remember hearing - paper slips ;) That's why I'd like for some updated info 'cause I'm sure I'd lose the slips too!!! :)

I purchased the 5 bottle package from our head waiter on the Magic last week. I also had the Cheers program so I got 25% off the wine package.

I got a card with 5 perforated tickets on it. He was very careful to inform me that these were just like cash and could be used by anyone that found them. I left them in my safe and just took one to dinner with me each evening.

It worked great, we were able to sit in the same section every evening and Joel would have our wine chilled and in a bucket. He even made sure that our glasses were topped off frequently.

Is it still the case that no matter where you purchase the wine package you receive some type of paper 'slips' for the wines and you can go to any bar to pick up a bottle of wine - in case I want to take back to the cabin?

Yes

paper slips? Really? I thought maybe a sticker on the card or if bought beforehand maybe encoded on the card.

Paper slips? I'm gonna lose those for sure LOL :rolleyes::eek:

It is one sheet with perforated pieces for each bottle. It was still being used as of August. I almost lost the entire thing (minus the one I used the first night. DW would have never let me hear the end of it if I lost it. I handed her the sheet (even though she does not drink wine). Problem solved.;)

I do believe the head waiter gets something from the wine packages even if you buy it during embarkation from the table manned by the wine steward.

On our Miracle Panama Canal cruise we bought two packages from the wine steward who was set up in the atrium. We dined the first night in the steak house. The bill for the packages did not hit our S & S until the second night. As previously mentioned, the head waiter seemed happy we had purchased them.

This is one of those "it would be nice to know" things - we'd like to be sure the waitstaff gets a fair share since they are doing the work.

I wasn't aware you could buy a wine package in the MDR. I was led or came to believe the only time you could purchase them was on embarkation day.

In any event, it is primarily for convenience, we didn't really save that much.

Not only can you buy them in the mDR, we purchased another one on day 3. (Wine drinking group....:))

We also purchase from our Head Waiter on the first night...it seems to make them really happy.

The wines are all actually pretty darn nice too !

Of the 3 Carnival cruises, there's only 1 bottle that I found was an average wine.

They do thier homework !

:)