Carnival Dream Questions

Singer4Him

Is the Lanai area on deck 5 on the port side only? Is this both an open-air and enclosed sitting area?

Is there a smoking section in the outside area?

Yes, post side only. As far as seating... Think less restaurant, more backyard BBQ. They pretty much set up a station where they serve daily. It usually accumulates quite a line because it's the only place mid day serving casual, buffet style midday without going up to lido. There are a few tables outside near the buffet area, many people also bring their food inside to the tables along the Promenade. It always smells wonderful, like driving past a BBQ restaurant... That helps draw the crowd. :)

DH and I are also considering the Dream. Looks great. Just one question does it have any inside seating areas where you can sit and relax while looking at the ocean?

Yes, there are places on Lido and promenade where you can sit inside and enjoy the view. Also, if you have cloud 9 spa access, my favorite place to enjoy the view is from the thermo-suites! Totally relaxing!

I have cruised three times on the Dream and Once on the Breeze.

I am sailing on the Dream in March with my entire family. I am not interested in sailing the Breeze again.

Dream..............Nice staff. Good Activities staff. Still has dancers and singers with Good Productions. Lots of Trivia. comedians every night I think. Bingo galore. Art Auctions and lectures...which are quite interesting...Food is good. Nice Vibe.

I will miss it very much when it leaves for the Big Easy in April.

The Breeze.......too much. Too many people. Lazy activities staff. Crude humor in Tiriva in Red Frog Pub. one man in a group had to get down and writhe like a worm. Imagine your boss seeing that on FaceBook.

Always a line anywhere you went................rude passengers....I was really surprised.

DH and I are also considering the Dream. Looks great. Just one question does it have any inside seating areas where you can sit and relax while looking at the ocean?

it has the sanctuary.. I like to sneak away and read sometimes. I always find an empty lounge by a window. always has an ocean view. And on the promenade deck, there are chairs, sofas etc in front of the big windows. that face the ocean. People sit there and play cards, read, just chat. The cookie..coffee bar is there.

the plaze on that deck has covered outside sitting..and inside sitting. Plus Lunch there on Sea Days. And I think a continental breakfast there on sea Days too.

They have a very nice library.

We did not have comedy every night this yr on the Dream. 2-3 nights max. Entertainment crew were great. Crude and vulgar is kinda how CCL humor is. And I'm glad you had good staff and Dream.... We sure didn't... Glad bingo was your thing cuz it is definitely everywhere...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

This is our 1st cruise on the Dream and I can hardly wait! This will be a cruise of a few 1sts for us: 1st on the Dream, 1st going to the Western Caribbean, 1st sailing out of Port Canaveral. Yahoo!

We're on the same cruise, looking forward to the Dream from everything we've read. This is our 8th Carnival cruise and no other ship seemed to have the same level of "love" from repeat guests. We're adults with no kids and we only have 2 sea days so for us it's more about the overall experience that everyone raves about than Guy's or the ropes course.

I'm sure we'll see each other gawking at something! Have a great cruise :)

Edited by blue_water

Great BBQ except for those with a balcony over the area:o

Being from the south this is not BBQ to us , When you are using charcoal , under a grate cooking hamburgers and hot dogs this is a grill , A BBQ in the south takes hours of slow cooking and you would have a sauce on the meat . All Carnival has is another grill going on the Lanai deck

Is there a future cruise desk on the Dream. We were on the Sunshine in Dec and I had planned to book our May Dream cruise but there wasn't any future cruise desk. In May we are thinking about booking our 40th anniversary cruise.

Thanks

Yes there is.

We did not have comedy every night this yr on the Dream. 2-3 nights max. Entertainment crew were great. Crude and vulgar is kinda how CCL humor is. And I'm glad you had good staff and Dream.... We sure didn't... Glad bingo was your thing cuz it is definitely everywhere...

They have comedy total of four nights never had it every night.

Some comedians are more crude than others but overall very much enjoyed comedy club in December.

Being from the south this is not BBQ to us , When you are using charcoal , under a grate cooking hamburgers and hot dogs this is a grill , A BBQ in the south takes hours of slow cooking and you would have a sauce on the meat . All Carnival has is another grill going on the Lanai deck

I'm from the south also and a mixed grill is also called a BBQ here as in "we are having a BBQ" now if you say "we are having BBQ" it's a whole different scenario you MUST have pulled pork slow cooked with vinegar based sauce. Love it

Edited by JustCruiseMe

• 2 weeks later...
Our family went on the Breeze this past May and our next cruise in May of 2014 will be on the Dream. That will be our 2nd cruise on the Dream. We all liked the Dream the best. The shows are much better on the Dream than the Breeze. Also, we like the bright lights on the Dream over the new look they have on the Breeze. We never went on the rope course. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

My family will be joining yours in May...I can't wait to take my kids on their first cruise!

I'm from the south also and a mixed grill is also called a BBQ here as in "we are having a BBQ" now if you say "we are having BBQ" it's a whole different scenario you MUST have pulled pork slow cooked with vinegar based sauce. Love it

Thank you for clarifying this.. We would have been so let down.. I lived in Arizona for a while and they call a cook out a" BBQ" there too.. If no hog is invited, we don't see it as a BBQ..

I'm looking at booking another cruise and considering the Dream this time. I've seen that it's had the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades but there are a few things that I don't see. The major thing is Guy's Burger Joint? Please tell me that I'm merely overlooking this?

Also, does it have the ropes course like it's sister ships, Magic and Breeze?

Any other pertinent info is appreciated, as well!

It has the free pasta bar during lunch, but there is no night time cucina del Capitano restaurant at night

To clarify, there are 4 nights of comedy shows on the Dream - Nights 2, 3, 6, and 7. There will be two sets of performers each cruise, for a total of 4 comedians. Each comedian will do 5 sets, for a total of 20 comedy shows per week. Of these 20 shows, 8 will be labeled "family friendly", and will allow children in attendance. In my experience, the family friendly shows lived up to their billing. My mother-in-law is not a fan of vulgarity of profanity (she is aware enough to avoid the "adult" shows). She attended 2 family friendly shows and thought the comedians were hilarious.