INFINITY & MILLENIMU / ITINERARY SWITCH

brandylane5102

While It Has Not Been Announced Yet - It Appears That The Infinity And Millenium Will Switch Itineraries This Winter. This Makes Sense Due To The Numerous Pod Problems That The Infinity Has Had Over The Past 4 Years . So - - It Will Be The Millenium Doiing All The South American Sailings Over The Winter And The Infinity Will Be Based Out Of Ft. Lauderdale And Working In The Caribbean.

This Will Not Impact Anyone As The Ships And Cabin Numbers Are Identical - - All That Will Be Different Will Be The Name Of The Ship.

While It Has Not Been Announced Yet - It Appears That The Infinity And Millenium Will Switch Itineraries This Winter. This Makes Sense Due To The Numerous Pod Problems That The Infinity Has Had Over The Past 4 Years . So - - It Will Be The Millenium Doiing All The South American Sailings Over The Winter And The Infinity Will Be Based Out Of Ft. Lauderdale And Working In The Caribbean.

This Will Not Impact Anyone As The Ships And Cabin Numbers Are Identical - - All That Will Be Different Will Be The Name Of The Ship.

Hi Brandylane !

I hope this is true. I would love to sail on Infinity again. I only hope they change the itineraries for the Caribbean a little too. The Millennium's Caribbean itinerary (especially Casa De Campo) is pretty stale. Would be nice if they changed it around just a bit.

Can I ask where you heard this ?

The only date they'll have to do the change over is December 24. I wish I could sail on infinity at that time, but not going to happen.

Andy,

Keep in mind in 2006 Millennium/Infinity will be doing two different itineraries

SUN Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30 PM Docked

MON At Sea

TUE San Juan, Puerto Rico 2:00 PM 8:30 PM Docked

WED St. Johns, Antigua 10:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

THU Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 AM Docked

FRI Philipsburg, St. Maarten 1:00 AM Docked

SAT At Sea

SUN Fort Lauderdale, Florida 7:00 AM

SUN Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30 PM Docked

MON At Sea

TUE Casa De Campo, Dominican Republic 1:00 PM 11:00 PM Docked

WED San Juan, Puerto Rico 10:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

THU Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 7:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

FRI At Sea

SAT Nassau, Bahamas 12:00 PM 5:30 PM Docked

SUN Fort Lauderdale, Florida 7:00 AM

Hi Again - Your Right In The Fact That It Appears That Dec. 24 , Would Be The Obvious Date On Which The Ships Would Change Itineraries .

As To Whether , The Infintiy Will Have Different Itneraries In The Caribbean Vs The Millenium - - Well This Remains To Be Seen. I Think The Logic Behind The Move Is Quite Sound. Should The Infinity Have A Pod Problem In South America , It Could Affect 2 Of Their 14 Day Sailings , While If In The Caribbean Out Of Ft. Lauderdale , It Would Only Affect A 7 Day Cruise. The Move Makes Perfect Business Sense And Will Happen

The only date they'll have to do the change over is December 24. I wish I could sail on infinity at that time, but not going to happen.

Andy,

Keep in mind in 2006 Millennium/Infinity will be doing two different itineraries

Hi Rick !

Yes, I am aware of the 2 itineraries, and that is definately great news. I wonder why they went back to the 1 itinerary for late 2006 and into 2007. Any thoughts ?

Rick, did you have a chance to read that Millennium also has 2 sailings now (possibly?) on hold around the same time as the other Century sailings not being sold right now. They could be sold out, but it shows no availability, so it looks like they are on hold. We would love your input on that !

Here is the thread :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=202905

Any idea if the Mille will still be going to Europe in Spring 2006? We were originally booked on the Infinity in April this year but the cruise was cancelled 3 days prior to sailing.

We have rebooked for the Mille for next Spring and would probably feel more confident that it was actually going to sail :rolleyes:

Andy,

I tend to agree with your assessment they are holding these sailings until they can finalize the Century. I think is allows them to make the easy transition for the customers who have already booked. Come on if they end up red flagging the Century, I'd rather move to the Millennium than over to a RCCL cruise. Nothing against RCCL, but I would prefer to sail X every time. We have made too many friends on the ships over the years.

My guess on the itinerary change for 2006/2007 has to do with either the ports wanting a weekly commitment, or the ports for the alternating dates being full. I believe that's one disadvantage to RCCL/X schedules coming out so late.

Hi Brandylane !

I hope this is true. I would love to sail on Infinity again. I only hope they change the itineraries for the Caribbean a little too. The Millennium's Caribbean itinerary (especially Casa De Campo) is pretty stale. Would be nice if they changed it around just a bit.

Can I ask where you heard this ?

Hi Andy,,stumbled upon this and got all excited,,thinking of doing the Millie again this winter, but would love to do the Infinity out of FLL...is there any information on the exact dates this is going to take place in 2006????:)

I'm on the 01/02 Millenium. Just got off the phone with Celebrity and they have no notification of this. Told me to check back with TA (and that boards are not always accurate.) I'm concerned because we would be one of the first cruises on the new itinerary (and I had been looking forward to the Olympic!)

How do the two ships compare?

I'm on the 01/02 Millenium. Just got off the phone with Celebrity and they have no notification of this. Told me to check back with TA (and that boards are not always accurate.) I'm concerned because we would be one of the first cruises on the new itinerary (and I had been looking forward to the Olympic!)

How do the two ships compare?

Hi Holly !

The 2 ships are virtually identical, other than some decor changes. I would not worry about the switch (if it happens) at all.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Andy,,stumbled upon this and got all excited,,thinking of doing the Millie again this winter, but would love to do the Infinity out of FLL...is there any information on the exact dates this is going to take place in 2006????:)

Hi Goouchjac !

How are you buddy ? I have not seen you post here for a while.

So you know, I have not been able to get any confirmation of this. I am not the one who said this was happening. I have only been commenting on the possibility. I do hope it happens though.

As soon as I hear anything more concrete, I will post it here. Maybe Rick will be able to find out something as well.

If it does happen, it would sure make me look into booking a Cruise on Infinity. We will have to wait and see what is going on.

Hi Holly !

The 2 ships are virtually identical, other than some decor changes. I would not worry about the switch (if it happens) at all.

Enjoy your Cruise !

The only significant difference that I can think of is that Millennium has a sports bar in the location where Infinity has her conservatory.

I too had been looking forward to the Olympic. There are very few differences (except crew, art) but since I have sailed the Infinity with pob problems before that effected our trip, I was looking forward to any Milli Class ship other than Infinity.

The only significant difference that I can think of is that Millennium has a sports bar in the location where Infinity has her conservatory.

What does the Infinity have where Millie has its conservatory?

I'm booked on the Millie for 2/26/06...CdeC, St. Thomas, San Juan, Nassau...I don't care what ship I'm on, but they better not change it by even one day because I already have outside air...they wouldn't change EVERYTHING (dates, length of cruise) would they? Would they make whole people who had purchased outside air? And they BETTER NOT take away my aft cabin!

Hi Goouchjac !

How are you buddy ? I have not seen you post here for a while.

So you know, I have not been able to get any confirmation of this. I am not the one who said this was happening. I have only been commenting on the possibility. I do hope it happens though.

As soon as I hear anything more concrete, I will post it here. Maybe Rick will be able to find out something as well.

If it does happen, it would sure make me look into booking a Cruise on Infinity. We will have to wait and see what is going on.

Hi Andy,,thanks for the nice words..Been off the boards for awhile, when we don't have a cruise booked I don't go on all the time...We were thinking about the Millie again this coming winter, although were ready to jump ship and do a Royal Caribbean. Friends are going on the 1/02/06 Millie and trying to talk us into joining them. If it will be the Infinity think we may consider, as having been on the Millie four times...Will keep watching and waiting for some info. BTW I spoke to cc club today and they know nothing about the ships changing:D ,,guess they are the last to know....:) I say bring back the Summit, sure do love that ship..Ann

Hi Everyone - I Think The Swithch Will Be Just For The Winter Season In 06' . This Should Not Affect Anyone's Cruise As Both Ships Are In Ft. Lauderdale At The Same Time In Dec 05' . As Both Ships Are Identical Except For Calling Certain Rooms By Different Names And A Few Changes In Decor - - This Change Should Not Cause Any Type Of Panic. In Fact , If Anything , It Should Be A Huge Positive . In The Spring Of 06' , When Both Ships Are Again Back In Ft. Lauderdale , I Would Expect That They Would Resume Their Normal Itineraries. It Takes Time To Reprogram All The Software In The Data Base - - - But Look For This Change To Occur.

Archived